1st Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Watch your speed in illinois

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Watch your speed in illinois

Illinois will begin using photo radar in freeway work zones in July. One mile per hour over the speed limit and the machine will get you a nice $375.00 ticket in the mail. Beginning July 1st, the State of Illinois will begin using the speed cameras in areas designated as "Work Zones" on major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices will be mailed a $375.00 ticket for the FIRST offense. The SECOND offense will cost $1000.00 and comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive demerit points against their license, which allow insurance companies to raise Insurance rates.

This is the harshest penalty structure ever set for a governmental unit involving PHOTO speed enforcement. The State already has two camera vans on line issuing tickets 24/7 in work zones with speed limits lowered to 45 MPH. Photos of both the Driver's face and License plate are taken. Pass this on to everyone you know who might be affected!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Rudebaker
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That started July 1, 2009. I'd be more concerned about the plain Blue 2010 Ford extended cab 4 X 4 with matching topper and regular truck plates they have in District 7. If they have one they have more.........

Old 07-04-2010, 01:56 AM

Just one more reason i am happy i moved to arizona a few months ago.....

Old 07-04-2010, 05:57 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another fine example of liberal democrats innovative thought process to steal money from the people.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:57 AM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 mph over? So if your speedo is off it will cost you 375$ to figure it out?

Old 07-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Rudebaker
Rookie

Originally Posted by SEAL
Another fine example of liberal democrats innovative thought process to steal money from the people.
No, it's to get people to slow down in construction zones.

Pulling titles and registration on previously titled pre-48 modified vehicles and making the owner get a new state issued VIN and payng taxes on a state assessed value of it's current condition not it's "as purchased condition" to get them back is the liberal Democrats thought process to steal money. You not only have to pay taxes again on all the parts you purchased and paid sales tax on once but if you did the work yourself you are paying tax on your own labor! Welcome to the People's Republic of Chicago. Glad I own a '55 not a Pre-48.

Last edited by Rudebaker; 07-05-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:53 PM
SEAL
Champion

Rudebaker:
I guess I am a little more cynical about politicians than you are. If it makes you feel good to believe that the politicians care about the publics safety, I will defend your right to believe that, but I think you are wrong. They care about power, control, and money, with control and money equaling more power.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Rudebaker
Rookie

Originally Posted by SEAL
Rudebaker:
I guess I am a little more cynical about politicians than you are. If it makes you feel good to believe that the politicians care about the publics safety, I will defend your right to believe that, but I think you are wrong. They care about power, control, and money, with control and money equaling more power.
Who said I was defending the politician's? I just said the work zone enforcement wasn't to raise money. They ARE enforcing work zone speed limits to save lives but only after citizen's groups got all over them and raised a stink. They're just trying to protect their phoney baloney jobs. The income from it was just a bonus.

I live in what is without a doubt the most politically corrupt state in the Union, the Chicago political machine runs the state and now we have
one of them in the White House! No offense to our Chicago members, they're getting screwed by the "Chicago Machine" like the rest of us maybe worse, but years ago Chicago/Cook Co. wanted to become a seperate state. They should have let it, "Illinois" would have been a lot better off.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:44 PM
SEAL
Champion

Rudebaker;

LOL I didn't say you were defending them, heck I would like to think they care about the people, but I spent some time around politicians while in the Navy and heard things they said, so it is not possible for me to think they care a rats behind. With over 5 billion in debt in Illinois it is absolutely all about the money.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
renegade6184
Rookie

I am proud to be from Knox County, Illinois and absolutely despise that corner of the state(Cook County). They are ruining it for the rest of the state in every area. I live in Virginia and my CCW is in the mail, a fact that is impossible in one state...Illinois. Just break off the county and have it stop legislating for the rest of the state. Worthless Chicago.

Quick Reply: Watch your speed in illinois