Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

neon vs eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 08:00 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: neon vs eclipse

I saw that the sxt is the 3rd fastest from several other neon forums mines pretty fast and its not stock I hate stock Ive killed alot of imports of all kinds in both of my neons and 2 dealers where I live also told me the sxt is the 3rd fastest neon . I wish I had a srt4 but I had to settle for my sxt Im jazzing her up so I will be happy with her.heres how I see it srt4 1st rt 2nd and sxt 3rd.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:55 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

3rd fastest Neon? A 2nd gen SXT? What, pray tell, were the 1st two? I'm assuming we're talking about 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times and whatnot.

SRT-4 owners hate being reminded that their car is really a Neon. But it's right there on the factory service manual - "NEON SRT-4". That would be the fastest production Neon.

Since they don't make the R/T or ACR anymore, there are only 3 models currently in production.

Dodge has used the term "Sport" on its cars as a marketing ploy for years. All it usually is is fog lights and a spoiler, maybe a leather wrapped steering wheel or spiffier sound system thrown in with an option package, all for the privelege of a higher price tag. if you replace the"POR" in "SPORT" with a big ol' "X", you get "SXT"... Check the specs, there's no performance enhancements at all on the SXT over the SE. On top of that, the SE is probably going to weigh less and have less frontal area (wind resistance), which means faster times. So yeah, I can see the SXT beign the 3rd fastest. 3rd of 3...

Take into consideration the entire line from '95 on up, and the SXT is waaaayyy down the list...

Old 03-16-2005, 01:45 PM
chud298
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: hoodgangsta99

well i think he wasent stock but yeah it was reall funny when that happen is like he showing off but his car wasent realing fealing in the mood
>>> Well I think he wasn't stock. But yeah it was real funny when that happened. It's like he was showing off but his car wasn't in the mood.

Dude how hard is that???

Old 04-24-2005, 10:56 PM
keiths_badass_neon

i have a 2004 sxt with just an intake and my gf's brother in-law has a eclipse and every time we race i will so what does that tell you

Old 04-24-2005, 11:37 PM
OrochiDio1
Professional

thats its a slow A$$ eclipse?

Quick Reply: neon vs eclipse