Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Heading to the Strip 7/8

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:20 AM
TwoPointFivePar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heading to the Strip 7/8

I'm taking my sundance up to a local 1/8th mile strip on july 8th. I was wondering what i could expect out of my car here? I know it should do okay in a short run,I raced My friend's V6 Mustang On a Country road thats about 2 miles long and perfectly flat. We went from a dead stop and I kept him at my back bumper all the way into 4th gear where he passed me at about 65. All I've Got is a stock 2.5 liter with a 5 speed transmission, the only mods i have are a glass pack (Red tip barely sticks out from the bumper, Gives it a rather deep tune that isn't loud unless i gun it), and a short throw shifter out of a neon. Anyone Know what i should run my tire psi at or if it would even help? I was thinking of running 25 psi up front and 40 in the back to help with weight transfer.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:11 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Heading to the Strip 7/8

inflating the tires like that may help a little, but i would be amazed if your car breaks into the 10 second 8th mile range....my stratus only ran a 10.3X 8th mile, and i have over a hundred more horsepower, if im not mistaken. (i think that the 2.5L NA motor was about 100hp and 135 tq)...im amazed that you beat a V6 mustang, as ive lot to a few of them.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 AM
TwoPointFivePar
Rookie

Your right on the horsepower and torque figures,The mustang was an automatic,and the only modthe kid runs arethe four prong spark plugs (I don't think they make a difference but he swears that they do)I think the only thing that helped me was my car was standard and my low end torque. When i launch i let the tires spin but just barely and bring it to about15 in first then 35 in second,45 in third and about 65 in fourth. i was really suprised i beat him because i had raced a stock hyundai tiburon(4 cyl.) and got beat horribly. After i go to the strip i will be sure to post up some times.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

the stick shift will give you an advantage, even over the slightly more powerful mustang. im actually pretty interested in what your car runs. what body style is it? and year? i had a 90 coupe, but it was an auto and a REAL pig. i dont know if it would have finished the quarter mile...

Old 06-28-2007, 03:15 AM
TwoPointFivePar
Rookie

Well, I've had the car since i was 16 (Last Year).I got the car for free from a used car dealer we know with 125,000 miles and a bad fuel pump. It's a 94 dark green sundance with the 2.5 n/a engine. Ithasa stock Shadow e/s spoiler (the same color) on it(I put on). Compared to any other manual car I've driven it has the stiffest clutch (Don't know if it's the adjustment) but it really hooks up well. tomorrow I'll try to get some pics up

Old 06-28-2007, 10:56 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

you know, while mine was no prize winner, but it was fairly reliable...and it wasnt a bad little car...unfortunately, good old PA emissions put an end to it, as it just wouldnt pass.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:53 AM
TwoPointFivePar
Rookie

We've had three before this and I hated everyone until I took mine for the first drive. you just don't like the cars until you own one.... then you're hooked(atleast I am). The one we owned before this was turqouise colored and ugly as hell. my dad bought it for 350 then got hit by a suburban who slid through a stop sign. Insurance gave us 800 for it and let us keep it. My dad made it so the door would open again and sold it for 500.

Quick Reply: Heading to the Strip 7/8