Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

I got owned.....twice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 06:00 AM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got owned.....twice!!!

A few weeks ago I was getting on the freeway on my way home and behind me were a Grand Prix GTP and an E55 AMG Benz playing tag. Not wanting to be left out of this little game of cat and mouse, I tossed my hat into the ring. Once we got clear of the traffic, we all got on it, I smoked the GTP, but the E55 pulled away from me at 125 like I was parked. Then, this past Monday afternoon, I was getting on the freeway and there was an early 90's Mustang LX behind me on the entrance ramp. He was on my bumper as I got over into the left lane, so I decided I was going to give him a little taste of Mr. SRT. I downshifted to 4th and dropped the hammer, he was at my bumper the whole time, once he was able to get next to me, we stayed pertty even to about 125, then he pulled away too. I shut down at 135 so as not to make my wife urinate on herself, but she was the one mad at me for not chasing. Anyway, we get a few more miles down the freeway and there is a little more traffic, I get behind him again and he goes to pass the car in front of him and breaks the tires loose at 80mph. That was a seriously fast Mustang, once I caught him again, we both gave a nod and a thumbs up, he seemed pretty cool. I really should not be going that fast on public roads, but I just can't help myself, I have no self control!!

On another note, one of my buddies just got a new GTO. He doesn't want to race, but I know what buttons to push to get him to do it. It should be interesting. I bet him window stickers. He wins, I put a GTO sticker on my window, I win he puts an SRT-4 sticker on his. After reading PITBULL's post, I thought it was an outstanding idea for a grudge match between friends.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share.

Danny

Old 10-13-2004, 10:01 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I got owned.....twice!!!

I think both of your losses were to well modded cars. There is a good chance that you would have beat the LX on the top end since most modded Stangs are low end cars set up for drag and would be hard pressed to go above 150 MPH for any length of time before it starts puking it's guts onto the freeway.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:40 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm..id have to think that if either of those cars would walk at that high of speed, youd crush them off the line. they would have to be pretty undergeared, at least the stang, that youd hand him his *** in the 1/4.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:18 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Owned by a Ford [sm=smiley18.gif] I feel for ya'. lol

-Matt-

Old 10-14-2004, 10:35 PM
BlackMagicHemi

Yea i got owned twice myself in my r/t. Both by the same guy, a guy i work with. The first was a 91 mustang gt 5speed convertable. The second was by a 2003 hemi quad cab. The mustang has exhaust and k&n filter, the hemi has just a k&n. I would think that the r/t could handle these cars, especially with headers, exhaust, and k&n like mine. Does this seem normal or do you think there is something wrong with my truck?

Old 10-14-2004, 10:53 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

I dont think so judging that your racing a low end sport's car and a Hemi powered Ram. Seems normal here.

-Matt-

Old 10-15-2004, 06:15 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really liked the Dakota R/T's when they came out, but many magazines were very disappointed with their rather poor for what they were performance. They had expected them to be quicker than they were and so did I. Another negative point was their rather portly weight, they are supose to be a small truck but they weigh almost the same as the full size Rams. The Dakota R/T's are still great looking trucks though.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Vader
Champion

At least you gave them both a run

No worries about the E55, without a doubt thats an 80 grand car. Aftermarket mustang parts are plentiful and reasonable in price. For less than 10 grand you can have a 12 second or less Mustang, including the price of the car.

Old 10-15-2004, 01:52 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this seem normal or do you think there is something wrong with my truck?
I would think you could have run with a Hemi QC in your Dakota.