Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Laser Versus S500, 5.0 liter exploder

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Laser Versus S500, 5.0 liter exploder

I went out to pick up some beers last night and get gas in the laser, around 10pm or so. It was pretty nice, in the high 60s.

I approached a stoplight and there was a black S500 next to me. Not the very newest body style with the sloped back, so im thinking that it was a 2005. younger guy driving it, sounded like it had a pretty healthy system in it, and i didnt think much of it. the light turned green and i was surprised that he jumped on it and spun the tires, and i wasnt ready at all, so he let off quickly, until i got next to him..we were cruising around 25, when i heard him step into it, and i did the same. he nosed ahead of me, and when i went to third gear i was side by side with him and in third i began to pull on him...and we hit the next light, which was red...so we both stopped. he pulled next to me and revved at me, and yelled "from a dig" (sounds like my man watches too many crappy street racing movies...who does that? seriously?), then turned his stereo back up. this time i was ready, and i wasnt going to let a mercedes sedan take me down without a fight. there was no cross traffic, and NO one in front of us. as the cross light turned yellow, he began inching forward, and i started bringing it up...staying right where i was, and when the light turned green, i came out with what i think is probably the BEST launch ofmine with the laser thus far...it was perfect, no bog, and it scooted right out of the hole...i was pleased with myself, but he didnt go away easily, but by fourth gear, i had pulled far enough ahead of him to see him in the rearview, and he flashed his lights and seemed to get out of it...i stopped to get gas up the road and he went by and beeped.

while headed back to the house, i was behind a white new edge GT vert...sounded like an automatic, but before we could get out by ourselves, he turned...i think that it would have been a pretty good race.

as for the exploder, it was about a week ago, late at night, and amanda and I were just out riding around as it was a cool night and almost bo traffic...i came up next to an explorer with some fat back tires and when i got next to him, amanda pointed out that he had a pretty good sized cowl induction hood. i didnt expect much of him, but i was ready when the light turned green, i heard him spin the tires and launch hard, and i blew my launch a bit, bogging it, but got out ahead of him quickly...once i got up to 70 or so, i let off, and he got next to me...pacing me for a second, so i geared down and waited for him to hit it, and from a roll around 40, it was a VERY short race for him...and he then hit me with the fly by...but it sounded pretty good for an exploder...

Quick Reply: Laser Versus S500, 5.0 liter exploder