Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes; Cupper's should stay!
37.50%
No; Cupper's are taking recognition from Nationwider's!
62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Nationwide-Wackers...Stay or Go!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Dakota_24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nationwide-Wackers...Stay or Go!

Do you think that Nationwide should still allow Cupper's to race in their series, or should it just be for Nationwider's?

Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Nationwide-Wackers...Stay or Go!

I'm of the opinion that the Nextel guys should no longer be allowed to run in the Nationwide races....

1.) It allows more practice time on the track, no matter what the car is they're driving. They get a better feel for conditions and can translate that advantage to their Nextel car.

2.) It prevents alot of good racers from running, and not to mention keeps alot of guys from even making it to the "big leagues"

Ultimately, even when they change the cars in the Nationwide races to the Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros, etc.....its still an advantage to run the track.....so I say remove that advantage.

The NASCAR truck series gets a pass...simply because they're so damn different that there is no advantage...

Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Dakota_24

I am in agreement with you! I think the Cupper's (especially top 15-20) have an unfair advantage. I can see maybe letting Cuprookies race for one more season to get seat time and more knowledge.

I don't think they will be racing 'Stangs, Camaro's, or Challengers. They will more than likely go back to using 6 cyl. engines in the same style cars.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

I am in agreement with you! I think the Cupper's (especially top 15-20) have an unfair advantage. I can see maybe letting Cuprookies race for one more season to get seat time and more knowledge.

I don't think they will be racing 'Stangs, Camaro's, or Challengers. They will more than likely go back to using 6 cyl. engines in the same style cars.
NASCAR's already alluded to changing as early as 2009.....and there's been a few posts about it on here already...

Old 11-15-2007, 02:53 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is talk of cup drivers not getting points for running the Nationwide Series race but are allowed to race. But remember, cup drivers sell tickets for the Nationwide Series races and that is money in NASCAR’s pocket. Red

Old 11-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Dakota_24

I dont care if they make money for the series or not...it shouldnt be allowed! The cuppers have their own series. If they need more practice; or if they need more seat time; than maybe they shouldn't be in Cup anyway. If the Nationwide (busch)series needs the Cuppers to make money; then they arent doing something right!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Derrick, (on almost everything except gaming and Dodge). Cup drivers should stop trying to steal Busch championships because they can't win the Cup.