Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Gaughan Dispute's reports:

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 01:16 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gaughan Dispute's reports:

Brendan Gaughan told Sirius Speedway (MRN Radio/Sirius Satellite Radio) Tuesday that, contrary to published reports, he has not been told whether he will return to the #77 Kodak Dodge next season. "They haven't told me anything," said Gaughan. "But then again, I haven't asked. I'm working on some things for myself next year, including a minimum 18-race Truck Series program at Orleans Racing. I have also had quite a few team owners approach me about possibilities for next year; people who obviously don't think the driver was the problem (with the #77) this season. I'm not too worried about it. If they decide to ask me back, we'll deal with it then." Gaughan said he enjoyed his relationship with co-owner Doug Bawel and sponsor Kodak this season, calling them, "super people to work with." However, he added that he was disappointed with the team's poor performance, saying, "I'm in racing because I love it. It's not about the money for me. I'm a competitor, and I want to run up front and contend for wins. If I'm not doing that, I'm not happy." The Las Vegas native said he would not necessarily return to the #77 next season, even if asked. "I would have to give it some thought," he said. "I think the world of Doug (Bawel) and Kodak, and Roger Penske is a very difficult man to say no to. But another year like we just went through? I don't know. I guess I'll just wait and see if an offer is made, then see what's in my heart at that time."

(MRN Radio/Sirius Satellite Radio)

redriderbob

Quick Reply: Gaughan Dispute's reports: