Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

light to light

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:02 PM
scg87
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: light to light

Stock Si's are rice??? Some people are so judgemental about anything nondomestic it's ridiculous....

Old 03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

^^ Yeah...... i like the si's i think they r a good looking car.... and can get alot of power out of them if u have the money......

but i am also a person who does not understand why u would race trucks anyway...... (just me) granted i give props to the ones that can get into the 11s.... but i dont understand it..... to each his own i guess..... i am more impressed with a 4 cylinder car running in the 11s than a truck. even though the truck weights in alot more than a sport compact.... but if u put the power in a car.... it would be 10s without a problem.......

(not meaning to start **** either..... just my opinion)

Old 03-06-2008, 07:12 PM
synacism

Your not starting any ****. I'm just talking to the same **** i talk at work, with the guy that owns the SI. I can see where you are comming from. Before i got the R/T i wanted to get an older mopar car, but i love driving my truck. Most people think my truck is slow, and thats what i love about it. I love squeeling wheels at a red light, and beating some guy who thinks i just have a pickup with a loud tail pipe. I don't hate "rice cars",I justlove beating them.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 PM
R0oster31
Veteran

I want to build an old muscle car, but I don't have the time right now or the money for two vehicles, plus the ND winter doesn't agree with one. If you took the power from an 11 sec truck (Mine weighs close to 8000) and put it in a car it should be a lot faster than 10's as a 4000 lb car is heavy and if you cut the weight in half I think that is good for a little more than a second. My truck won't run an 11 and it should be over 1000 ft lbs of torque at the wheels, (I'll find out in a month). I'm not trying to bash any one but I do not understand the craze with front wheel drive cars for racing. They just will not hook as well as a rear wheel drive car just due to weight transfer that you get with acceleration. People will play with what they have, for me only having one vehicle a truck makes sense because a truck is rear wheel (great for playing around) or 4X4, is good for any weather,and it pulls my boat to the lake, if it is fun to drive all the better.

I figured that I'd add that I'm stationed in North Dakota.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with ya Rooster, I tinker with my truck because I like to, Not because I have to. I have my Demon for the serious go fast stuff but my regular cab short bed was the best option at the time, no Charger or Magnum was available at the time I bought my truck. Besides, its impressive as hell to run low 13's on the street in a truck I can tow my boat to the lake with. Cant do that with my Demon!

Why not Minot?... Freezin's the reason!

Old 03-15-2008, 07:31 PM
scg87
Veteran

ORIGINAL: R0oster31

I want to build an old muscle car, but I don't have the time right now or the money for two vehicles, plus the ND winter doesn't agree with one. If you took the power from an 11 sec truck (Mine weighs close to 8000) and put it in a car it should be a lot faster than 10's as a 4000 lb car is heavy and if you cut the weight in half I think that is good for a little more than a second. My truck won't run an 11 and it should be over 1000 ft lbs of torque at the wheels, (I'll find out in a month). I'm not trying to bash any one but I do not understand the craze with front wheel drive cars for racing. They just will not hook as well as a rear wheel drive car just due to weight transfer that you get with acceleration. People will play with what they have, for me only having one vehicle a truck makes sense because a truck is rear wheel (great for playing around) or 4X4, is good for any weather,and it pulls my boat to the lake, if it is fun to drive all the better.

I figured that I'd add that I'm stationed in North Dakota.

Dude, no way!!! I'm Air Force, stationed at Minot too......

Old 03-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You poor bastards!

Old 03-15-2008, 09:31 PM
lugnuts
All Star

Got to run my '85 2.2 5spd Daytona against my '07 2.4 auto Sebring. The wife likes a good race herself, so we took off from a 4 way stop. The worn out junkpile of a Daytona pulled on the Sebring through the gears. Didn't just run off and leave her,but with a gazillion miles on the Daytona and various peices held on with wire, it still pulled the 24,000 mi Sebring. The Sebring is an underpoweredslug.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:17 AM
R0oster31
Veteran

Actually I'm at Grand Forks, which I actually picked. (Close to home)

Old 03-16-2008, 07:17 PM
scg87
Veteran

Oh, alright, I see.

And yeah North Dakota f*cking blows....[:'(]

Quick Reply: light to light