Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Another one to the list

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:42 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another one to the list

I was coming back from a buddy's the other night on the highway late at night and a Grand Prix (not the GTP version) got on the highway right in front of me. Well I was in the lane next to him just barely going by him at around 75 to 80. Okay, no big deal right? Well I just am barely ahead of him, with no intent on racing and all of a sudden I see in my mirror he is speeding up. He pulls even with me exactly and I can tell he wants to go. Well we're doin about 80 at this point, so I shift to 3rd to put it in my powerband. At this point my exhaust just got really loud I'm sure he heard me shift since he was right next to me. I'm just holdin it at 80 still for a second...then he took off, so do I. I took 3rd to around 95 where I caught 4th, this was about the time I pulled back even with him. From that point on I just pulled away from him, all the way til about 115. At that point I would estimate I had a good 6 cars on him. At that point I slowed back down as did he. He later passed me just a bit down the road and then got of the highway, you know ricer style, like he got last shot in.

Old 12-30-2004, 12:02 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Another one to the list

nice! non-gtps are the best....everyone who owns one seems to think that they DID get the GTP..

Old 12-30-2004, 12:23 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yes indeed. Did I ever mention I hate Grand Prix's...and anything else Ponticrap.

Old 12-30-2004, 01:07 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i have a buddy who has a new CBR..and he goes on and on about how much faster it is than my RT...

then he started in with how much faster his 94 grand prix SE was than my car..lol...had tried once..and i walked him...with people in my car...

Old 12-30-2004, 05:57 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

Nice kill neonsxt04, I had a Grand Prix GT (2001) and it wasn't as fast as people like to think they are. It's not slow, but it's not fast either. It was really nice off the line, but by the time you hit 3rd gear, it kinda fell on it's face. All the power was at the bottom. I guess that's what you get from a 2 valve 6 banger. On a side note though, that may have been the best car I have ever owned. I know there are alot of GM haters on this board, but the GenII 3800 v-6 is practically bullet proof. Decent power, 32mpg and about as reliable as an engine can be.

Badstrat, you have a buddy with a CBR, you mean the bike right? Of course it's faster than you RT, it's a bike.

Danny

Old 12-30-2004, 06:09 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Well...we went from about a 75-80mph roll so off the line wasn't a factor. If it had been off the line I would of been playing catch up, my tires don't grip well.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:38 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i know his bike is faster than my car..lol

Old 12-31-2004, 04:30 AM
RT_Driver
Professional

Good kill. I like to race one of those supercharged ones. From what I've heard there a decent performer.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:07 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yeah they are. I've seen them at my local track. I saw a stock one run something in the 14s, I also saw one run with drag radials run high 13s (I can't remember what else it had done since this was awhile ago). But either way, they're pretty quick.

Old 12-31-2004, 02:05 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

thats a fun car to beat up at the track....regardless of how loud my car is, everyone seems to think the mirada will be slow...
and think, its still very far from what it could be...im running below stock compression and small valves...

Quick Reply: Another one to the list