Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

SRT10 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 08:38 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SRT10 Ram

Only into the 9's due to severe traction loss from the 1,100 horsepower they're pushing.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:29 PM
big asp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many different performance stats availble from a variety of magazine tests. They range in 0 to 60 times from 4.8 to 5.2 seconds. 1/4 mile ETs range from 13.1 to 13.8 seconds. Keep in mind that this is all traction limited. 12s are easy with nothing but a set of slicks. I haven't had mine to the track yet but I own a mid 11 second '65 Plymouth Belvedere and the I was pleasantly surprised by how quick my truck is. But, it's not just a drag racer. It's more of an all around road vehicle. It handles great, it carves corners, the ride is comfortable, the stereo is awesome and at the drop of a hat it can put your eyeballs in the back of your head. You often forget that you're driving a truck. It's really nice to have all of this performance and still ride up high above most of the traffic. Not only does it do all of this but it fits my big butt as well.

Look in a new edition of Guiness World Book of Records and you'll find the Ram SRT-10 listed as the fastest production truck ever. Guiness and the SCCA certified a stock, off-the-shelf Ram SRT-10 averaging 154+ mph on back to back laps at the Chrysler proving grounds.

There are lots of performance parts available if you want to go even faster. Most owners install the Magnaflow catback system and cold air induction. Some even pop $3K for the headers. There are numerous supercharger and turbo set-ups as well. Hennessey has a twin turbo version of the Ram SRT-10 running high 10s. You can see the video at http://www.motortrend.com/multimedia...ids/index.html if you're interested. It's the third one down. There is even a 1,000 hp package available.

I don't know what RcBandit28 is talking about. My son has a 1/2 ton Hemi Sport and my niece has a 3/4 ton Hemi QC. They are very nice trucks with loads of power but, as far as performance and handling go, there is no comparison. It's like someone claiming that an SRT-4 is no big deal when compared to a Neon SXT (No offense to SXT owners). Maybe RcBandit28 prefers oatmeal to bacon, eggs and sausage with a side of hashbrowns and a short stack of buttermilk pancakes.

The bottom line for me is that I'm having more fun with the truck than I ever expected to.

Oh, BTW, there IS a black Ram SRT-10 running around with black aftermarket wheels.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Slammed95Ram

Sorry to Say the SRT-10 is not impressive. IMO its all bark with a little bite. plain and simple..u put a big motor in a big truck..in the long run its still a truck. aerodynamics wise, brick comes into mind. True it might be the Fastest production truck until now. But you guys know the fastest production truck beforehand was the GMC Cyclone? 4.3L Turbocharged Vortec V6, pushing out 285+ HP (disputed to be 330) with 360ft/lbs of torque, with a liquid-cooled intercooler.did i mention its also AWD? it clicks off high 12's off the showroom floor with no mods.

DOnt get me wrong. i love Mopars as much i luv Mustangs. But all the hype about the SRT-10 is over-exaggerated. Now a viper on the otherhand...scary hehe.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:02 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a HUGE difference in size and weight, not to mention traction, between the SRT-10 and the Syclone. If the Syclones were any smaller they would be comparable to the old Dodge Rampage they're so small.

Your Syclone claims of high 12's off the showroom floor with no mods is total BS.[sm=exactly.gif] Car & Driver has it in the low 14's, another source has it at 14.1 @ 93 MPH for the '92's. Here is a quote from a Syclone/Typhoon website about this,"stock Syclones will run from 13.4 to 14.3 in the 1/4 mile, and Typhoons will run from 13.8 to 14.7, depending on the day's weather and the tuning of the vehicle. 0-60 Times for the Syclone and Typhoon vary from 5.0 to 5.5 seconds." This is a far cry from being in the high 12's. The Syclone/Typhoon weighs in at only 3,500-3,800 LBS. which is lighter than a lot of cars, not to mention a full size truck like the Ram. If your going to post information, especially for something like this, make sure your information is correct before hand or your gonna get burned.[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-05-2005, 11:18 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*wiggles my neck and snaps my fingers over my head* mmmmm hmmmmm! you got served!

by the way, that is light than my car...[8D]

Old 01-05-2005, 03:17 PM
big asp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Slammed95Ram

Sorry to Say the SRT-10 is not impressive. IMO its all bark with a little bite. plain and simple..u put a big motor in a big truck..in the long run its still a truck. aerodynamics wise, brick comes into mind. True it might be the Fastest production truck until now. But you guys know the fastest production truck beforehand was the GMC Cyclone? 4.3L Turbocharged Vortec V6, pushing out 285+ HP (disputed to be 330) with 360ft/lbs of torque, with a liquid-cooled intercooler.did i mention its also AWD? it clicks off high 12's off the showroom floor with no mods.

DOnt get me wrong. i love Mopars as much i luv Mustangs. But all the hype about the SRT-10 is over-exaggerated. Now a viper on the otherhand...scary hehe.
Son, you need to ride in one of these trucks before you make a fool of yourself. Oh..., too late!

You've already been schooled on the real world ETs of the Syclone by 71Roadrunner so I won't go into that. Yes they were impressive trucks in their day, at least on paper. I knew several people who owned Syclones and their trucks spent most of the time in the shop. That's what happens when any vehicle is pushed near it's limitations (The Grand National engines were capable of more but the S-10 drivetrains just weren't up to the task). Let me assure you, there is plenty more in the SRT-10. Look at the link I posted if you want to see some SRT-10 potential.

The "fastest production truck" referred to the top speed record that I described already. The previous record holder was, in fact, the Ford F-150 Lightning at 147+ mph. I'd have thought you would have known that since you drive a Ford.

Now in regards to an overrated vehicle, let's talk about your Mustang. My kids race Subaru STIs and they are in awe that a truck can do the things my truck does. Hot Rod Magazine did a heads up comparison between a supercharged Mustang Cobra and an STI. They summarized it this way, "The Subaru feels light and powerful and handles like a go-kart in comparison with the Cobra, which in contrast, felt heavy and dull despite the whoosh of the blower and the wide powerband it creates... As we said at the start, the Subaru is the Cobra's equal at the drags, it's superior on the road course, and the cheaper of the two." (Hot Rod Magazine, Jan. 2004, pg. 23) What a disappointment! It got spanked by a four cylinder rice rocket!

The moral: Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

P.S. Car and Driver actually went 12.9 in their test of the Ram SRT-10 while frying the tires all the way down the track!

Old 01-05-2005, 04:58 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

and my STRATUS was rated better than the GT mustang in the 02 issue of C&D....

MY STRATUS!!!

Old 01-05-2005, 06:21 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

LMAO u sound liek a kid i kno..thinks his dad can drop a smallblock chevy in a fullsize ford and beat the ram srt 10 in speed and in the 1/4 mile....and the engine is supposedly stock

Old 01-05-2005, 06:42 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

me?!?

Old 01-05-2005, 07:04 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yes you...lol, j/k. I think he's talkin about the craptang guy.

Quick Reply: SRT10 Ram