Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Stratus RT vs Early Lexus ES300 vs Charger base

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:36 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stratus RT vs Early Lexus ES300 vs Charger base

Now, Im rarely one to dog on a dodge on the street, but I came up behind what I thought was a debadged Charger RT...wing, rims, dual exhaust and all. Then it started moving and it sounded awful. It was clearly a V6, and having driven both the 2.7 and 3.5 variants of the Charger, im certain that it was a 2.7. It sounded absolutely awful with the dual exhaust...it looked good, but sounded terrible. I felt bad for the guy.

Anyways, we get to a light, and i was between the awesome charger and a beat up early ES300...i would guess early 90s. I wasnt interested in the lexus, but figured that the charger would want a piece (and knowing that a stock charger with a 2.7 is only good for 17.20s or so i wasnt too worried) and when the light turned green, the lexus chirped the tires...so i got into it, and stayed along the lexus, leaving the charger a bit behind, and by third gear i had pulled ahead of the lexus. We went two more times from a dig, and once from a roll, and with me ready for the launch, i quickly pulled ahead of the other two cars.

Im not sure WHAT exhaust the charger had, but it was very "nasal"..like the fran drescher of exhaust systems. if by chance the owner saw the DF logos and is here reading this, your car looks sweet, but im not loving the exhaust.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, I've never ran into a group that wanted to race that much.

Quick Reply: Stratus RT vs Early Lexus ES300 vs Charger base