Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

A4 vs me

Old 03-06-2005, 03:03 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 vs me

Well me and my buddy were on our way home last night from one of our friends place and both of us were getting on the highway and this Audi A4 gets on the highway right in front us. I was behind the audi and my friend with the WRX was behind me. Well we went around the curve on the onramp and the guy in the audi took, so did I and my friend in the WRX. Well I was rollin in the left lane trying to get my car into the sweet spot and I got caught up in traffic. In the meantime the audi guy and my friend in the WRX are haulin in the right lane. So I got back over in the right lane and really stepped on it. I caught up to the both of them without a problem. I think my friend with the WRX was just messin the audi guy cause he could of destroyed him if he wanted to. Well they were both going in the right lane. So I had caught up at this point and pulled into the left lane right next to the A4. Well at this point we're doing about 90ish. We both step on it, we are dead even. We roll over 100, 110, still even. Then I started to pull a little bit ahead by about 115. I shutdown shortly after that point. My friend in the WRX basically was just hangin back there to watch us go. LOL. I was kind of surprised I was hanging with it since he had more of a power advantage. He probably thought, oh I'm hanging with an SRT4, but in reality he just got taken by just a neon.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:03 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: A4 vs me

nice one man

the A4s are pretty good

he woulda killed you if you went for top speed tho

one of my friends had his up to 130 and he said there was still some pedal left

Old 03-08-2005, 08:48 PM
OrochiDio1
Professional

hmm pretty impresive maybe it wasnt turbo? the turbo ones have really good top end. damn german cars and there autobahn

Old 03-09-2005, 01:41 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yeah, thats what I was thinking as well. I was expecting to get annhilated....mine moves pretty well up top for what it is. It was definitely an A4, not sure what version of it was. It was definitely one of the newer ones though. But we were side by side til 110ish when I started to inch away on him. He would have caught me if we had kept going cause my car shuts off at 120ish even though I have more pedal left. Maybe he was just playing with me...but whatever he still lost.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:11 AM
03ramhemi
Professional

Well, the 1.8T Quattro runs 15.5-15.8 stock. My dad has an '03 5spd. Its pretty quick, especially to 40 cause of the AWD. We have gotten it to 100+ no problem passing 4 cars. Just chipped they can gain 45hp!! Wish my VR6 Jetta would gain that from the chip i put in it! But, awesome race tho!

Old 03-10-2005, 05:36 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard claims like that of 45 horsepower gain from just a computer or computer chip, but I have yet to see it proven. Most of the time with claims like that you have to read the fine print where they state either "up to 45 horsepower gain" or "45 horsepower gain when used with ........". A good example of this is the Stage 2 for the SRT-4, they state that the gains they show are from the Stage 2 with the Mopar/Borla cat-back exhaust and that is also why they recommend getting the Mopar/Borla exhaust if you get the Stage 2. Always read the fine print.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:53 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: 03ramhemi

Well, the 1.8T Quattro runs 15.5-15.8 stock. My dad has an '03 5spd. Its pretty quick, especially to 40 cause of the AWD. We have gotten it to 100+ no problem passing 4 cars. Just chipped they can gain 45hp!! Wish my VR6 Jetta would gain that from the chip i put in it! But, awesome race tho!
Hmmm...if thats what they run in the quarter it would be a close race from a dead stop. Especially once I get my track wheels on there and I can get my revs up at the line and drop my 60fts. Last time I was at the track I was smoking first and spinning completely through 2nd gear and still running some of my faster times. I am just guessing mine will run mid 15s come track time long as my tires hook. If I WOT shift I should be even faster...which I don't normally do.

Search this Thread