Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Dodge should just forget NASCAR...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:55 PM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge should just forget NASCAR...

OMG I totally agree. I think having dodge in NASCAR is bad as it is and the new Charger isn't doing to good either

Old 03-20-2005, 05:47 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chevy has all the drivers, I don't believe it is the car. The drivers just have to get used to it

Old 03-20-2005, 03:07 PM
914dakota
Professional

Kasey Khane 2004 Rookie of the Year had some close races last year if not for a couple of bad breaks a good showing this year. Everyone is trying to figure out the new tires and spoiler height and Dodge teams have the added problem of a car that didnt race in the previous year. The Ford and Chevy boys can concentrate on figuring out the tires and spoiler difference while Dodge has to wonder if it is the car or the tires or the spoiler that is causing their problems.. Just unlucky to intro a new body w/ the rule changes.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:53 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the Taurus or the Monte Carlo resemble their production cars? No. The companies choose their "best car" or "best name" or what will resemble a race car. The NASCAR cars are built for better aerodynamics and they are built for what they do. They are not suppose to resemble their production cousins.
The whole point of "stock car" racing was to have cars that at least resemble the production models. It was also a place for the manufacturers to showcase there design and engineering know-how. Nascar has taken that out of this form of racing. What nascar offers now is more like WWE wrestling than real racing. It's all about entertainment, and the forward progression of racing technology has slowed to a crawl. Hell, the engines they use are based on 50 year old designs for Gods sake.

They say win on Sunday, sell on Monday.

How??? Why??? I can't even buy a car that looks even remotely close to what they raced this weekend let alone get something with a similar drivetrain.

And here's the irony of nascar. They want to slow the cars down. That's easy, take away the damn spoilers and return the bodies to stock configuration. I will guarantee that the drivers will hit the brakes when they come into a corner. It will be alot like what the drivers had to do back in the 60's and 70's.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:52 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OK so which car do you want for Dodge to have on the track. You want the Charger body style out there. I wouldn't. They build the cars to race better. A Charger, an SRT-4, a Monte Carlo, a Mustang or any of these body styles wouldnt stand a chance out there.

Old 04-01-2005, 03:22 PM
SRT MAGNUM
Professional

HOw about a MAGNUM body style?

Quick Reply: Dodge should just forget NASCAR...