Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Me and a '71 Mach 1 - Street Ethics

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:20 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Me and a '71 Mach 1 - Street Ethics

So am I driving home around 3 in the afternoon the other day and hear this LOUD *** exhaust coming up from behind me. I look and see this cherry Mach 1 rolling up on me. I stay cruising at 45 mph as we were on a main city street. He does a little flyby and slows down immediately. Then I do a little flyby and slow down. I don't think either of us broke 55 mph doing it.. LOL!!!!

Next thing you know, the inevitable happens. We get caught at a light, side by side, no cars in front of us AT ALL and about a half mile until the next light. HMMMMMMMMMM......

The light turns green and be both roll off real slow. Then I tap the gas, he taps and we both hammer it at the same time. The race lasted all of 4 seconds. Both of us let off as soon as it started.

At the next light, we are side by side and talking and both of us were complaining that we caught each other midday on a main thru street that would have surely got us busted if we stayed on it.

His car was MEAN AS HELL. It was so loud, so good looking. I am pretty sure that I would have lost to him but I really wanted to play. I wish we caught each other on I95 or one of the truck route roads. That would have made both of us happy.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:58 AM
drhoward
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice race man, that would have been an interesting match up, to bad it didn't go longer

Quick Reply: Me and a '71 Mach 1 - Street Ethics