Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Musgrave bashes Toyota?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 04:48 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Musgrave bashes Toyota?

Taken from Ultra Motorsports' Home Page:

Musgrave stirs the Toyota pot
Musgraves thoughts on the new manufacturer
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (January 13, 2004)

None of the Toyota Tundra trucks have shown much speed during the three-day test, but not many expected the manufacturer to be fast yet. Toyota had to build an engine from scratch for its first year in NASCAR.

Ted Musgrave, for one, thinks Toyota will be fast eventually.

"They'll get up to speed," Musgrave said. "Here at Daytona they're going to be down a little bit. You've got to take a company and have them build a V-8 push rod motor right off the bat. They're not going to beat everybody's butt right off the bat, but they're catching up real fast."

Musgrave fanned the flames of a manufacturers' rivalry when he was asked what he thought about the Toyotas.

"Somebody said they were awful slow and asked me what I thought about them," Musgrave said. "I said it was awful cold down here. My idea was to put 'em all in a pile and light 'em up so everybody could get warm.

"That's about all they're good for anyway. That's just to stir it up. That's what we need around here, a little rivalry, and I think I got it going."

redriderbob

Quick Reply: Musgrave bashes Toyota?