Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

track day yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 12:31 PM
purdueranger
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default track day yesterday

I went to the track yesterday and ran like crap. Ran a second slower than what I should be running and .8 tenths of a second slower than my last time. I don't know what the hell happened. 60' was 2 tenths of a second slower that what it should have been. Ohh well time to look for a new cam, converter, roller rockers, and maybe some other stuff to do this summer.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:02 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: track day yesterday

that stinks, good luck finding out the problem

Old 04-10-2005, 03:17 PM
purdueranger
Veteran

I think the timing is off. Well I will just have to save up to do the cam swap. Some people think I need a new timing chain since this one has 96k on it. Some guy in a Lexis came up to me and asked me what I had done to the jeep. I told him that I wasn't running well and it was just bolt ons. He asked me if I had a bottle on there. Also there was a Evo that pulled the front wheels off the ground and a full LS1 swap GMC Serria that run 12.8s

Old 04-10-2005, 08:57 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

96K on 318 timing chain? Yeah, it's ready. MAke sure you have good compression before going to to much trouble with that engine. If you're going to rip into the engine, you might as well fix everything that might be showing some age.

Quick Reply: track day yesterday