Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Truex looking elsewhere? Denied by Yates and Evernham!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:41 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truex looking elsewhere? Denied by Yates and Evernham!

Martin Truex Jr., 2004 Busch Series Champ, is reported to be working the marketplace, and one report has Dodge's Ray Evernham and Ford's Robert Yates both interested in Truex. But Yates denies he's looking at Truex. "We're set for next year (with Elliott Sadler and Dale Jarrett)," Yates said. "Now if we were going to do a third, we'd be looking around. That might be on our wish list, but it's not done yet, and I don't know that we're going to do that. And I have not talked with Martin. But I am impressed with him. Now that you mention it, that's a great idea."

(Winston Salem Journal)(4-16-2005)

redriderbob

Old 04-18-2005, 11:42 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Truex looking elsewhere? Denied by Yates and Evernham!

Truex, who drives Busch cars for Dale Earnhardt Inc., is reported to be without a contract for 2006. Truex has been mentioned for rides with Dodge's Evernham, Ford's Robert Yates and Chevrolet's Rick Hendrick. Dodge car owner Ray Evernham says he is indeed trying to set up a full-time third team operation but denies that Truex might be replacing Mayfield. Truex? "I hear Robert [Yates] is after him real hard, but I don't know," Evernham said. "I'd love to talk to Martin about that (third team), but I have not. I understand he's under contract with DEI and I'm not going to get involved in another contract dispute."

(Winston Salem Journal)

However: been told that Truex Jr. is signed thru at least 2006 and is [as it was announced in Oct 2004] moving up to Cup in 2006 with Bass Pro Shops, supposedly to the #1 DEI Chevy, but could be the #15 if NAPA doesn't return and Michael Waltrip leaves [supposedly needs to make the Chase to keep the ride]

redriderbob

Old 04-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Vader
Champion

No doubt Truex will get a ride, he is impressive for his age.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:59 PM
redriderbob
Banned

I think I rather see Erin Crocker debut in Cup for Evernham than Truex... just don't like his cry baby attitude!

redriderbob

Old 04-20-2005, 03:52 PM
chud298
Record Breaker

I still think Truex should've raced one more year in Busch. I don't think he was ready for the Cup series yet.

Quick Reply: Truex looking elsewhere? Denied by Yates and Evernham!