Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Stewart Burned but OK:

Old 04-18-2005, 11:49 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stewart Burned but OK:

Sidelined with a blown motor that erupted in flames on lap 297. Mike Arning, PR spokesman for Tony Stewart released this: "Tony has some first degree burns. There is a small burn on the lower back of his right thigh that's about the size of a fist. The other area is on his right elbow. It's about half the size of the one on his thigh, and it's more like a bad sunburn. Both are minor burns which he'll treat on his own in the coming days."

GM Media

redriderbob

Old 04-18-2005, 11:50 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Stewart Burned but OK:

After leading twice for 45 laps and making his presence in the top-10 known during much of Sunday's Samsung/RadioShack 500 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway, Tony Stewart's day ended in a blaze, sans the glory. On lap 297 while in eighth, the engine in Stewart's #20 Home Depot Chevrolet grenaded, sending flames up through the shifter boot and into the cockpit. Stewart maintained control and brought his smoldering ride to the backstretch apron of the 1.5-mile oval as quickly as possible, extricating himself once the car came to a stop. Track safety crews were immediately on the scene, helping Stewart from his car before transporting him to the HCA Infield Medical Center. There, Stewart was treated for first-degree burns on the lower back of his right thigh and right elbow. The area on his thigh was about the size of a fist, and the area on his elbow was about half that size and akin to a severe sunburn. Stewart was treated and released from the care center in good condition. "It just let go without any warning," said Stewart after leaving the care center. "There wasn't a vibration or anything. It just went."

(JGR/True Speed)

redriderbob

Old 04-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Vader
Champion

I dislike Stewart but never want to see any driver hurt. I am glad he is OK.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:12 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad to hear was ok. But I don't like him as a driver either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stewart Burned but OK: