Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Ford Taurus Ends Production Ends in March 2006:

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 12:03 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Taurus Ends Production Ends in March 2006:

The last Ford Taurus will roll off the assembly line in the first three months of 2006, ending a 21-year run that has racked up nearly 6.7 million total U.S. sales. The news was relayed to employees at Ford Motor Co.'s Atlanta plant in an April newsletter distributed by United Auto Workers Local 882. With its jellybean shape, the debut 1986 model helped revolutionize American car design and pull Ford out of a financial tailspin. By 1992, it was the country's best-selling car -- a title it held for five consecutive years. But in recent years, as sales have waned, Ford has been pushing the Taurus out of its retail lineup and into the fleets of rental car companies. It is being replaced in dealer showrooms by the Ford Fusion, which debuts this fall. The end of Taurus production robs Ford's Atlanta assembly plant of its last product. Production of the Mercury Sable, a Taurus twin, ends this month -- and no new product has been earmarked for the plant, which opened in 1947 and employs nearly 2,000 hourly workers. Ford would not confirm when Taurus production will end and declined comment on Atlanta's future.

(Detroit News)

redriderbob

Old 04-27-2005, 12:04 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Ford Taurus Ends Production Ends in March 2006:

AND Dan Davis, director of Ford Racing technology, says that the 2006 Ford for the Nextel Cup Series currently is on schedule for the July 1 submission date. Engineers are close to completing the car and will take it to Atlanta for a trial run to make sure the Ford can reach minimum speed and to the wind tunnel before turning it over to NASCAR for approval. NASCAR keeps the car but returns the engine and other pieces.

(Sporting News)

redriderbob

Old 04-27-2005, 12:42 AM
chud298
Record Breaker

Wow that's news to me lol. I wonder if all the companies are going to start changing what they race in the NASCAR series

Old 04-27-2005, 02:53 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Chevy will keep the Monte Carlo.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:34 AM
chud298
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I think Chevy will keep the Monte Carlo.
Yeah I DEFINITLY hope so.

Quick Reply: Ford Taurus Ends Production Ends in March 2006: