Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Dale Jr. isn't concerned about Truex bolting:

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 12:08 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dale Jr. isn't concerned about Truex bolting:

Dale Jr. isn't concerned about Truex bolting; Expects Mikey back in the #15, #8-Dale Earnhardt Jr. isn’t concerned teammate Martin Truex Jr. will be driving for any team other than DEI. Truex, who is in contract negotiations with car owner Teresa Earnhardt said at Texas rumors of him looking to go elsewhere are false. Dale Jr. said “I feel real confident he (Truex) means what he says and he wants to be with us. I don’t want Martin to feel slighted in any way or feel unhappy with it (his contract) so I told him to just take your time and it’ll get done.” Junior pointed out it took six months to get his current contract worked out. Could Truex be headed for the #15 car replacing Michael Waltrip? Dale Jr. doesn’t think so. “I like working with Michael. If Teresa and Ritchie Gilmore are happy with the way he runs this year I don’t see why we can’t have him back. It isn’t his last year I don’t think…he hasn’t announced his retirement to me. They’ve had good cars…they’ve had some accidents and stuff but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’d win races aside from plate races. They should win every plate race they run and they should have a couple of more here and there because they’re that good a team and I think Michael can get the job done."

(PRN's Garage Pass Radio Show/Sporting News)

redriderbob

Old 04-27-2005, 12:09 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Dale Jr. isn't concerned about Truex bolting:

UPDATE - More on DEI's Future: Considering that the drivers who will be available after the 2006 season are far superior to those who will be available at the end of this year, it would be advantageous for DEI and NAPA, the #15's primary sponsor, to maintain the status quo. According to Gilmore, one driver who won't be jumping into the #15 any time soon, especially if NAPA remains on the car, is Shane Hmiel. Hmiel has close ties with DEI; the company must approve any deal for him to race with another team. Hmiel wouldn't suit NAPA.

(Sporting News)

redriderbob

Old 04-27-2005, 12:10 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Default RE: Dale Jr. isn't concerned about Truex bolting:

... in other words for flipping Dale Jarrett off is the reason why Shane won't get the ride... GOOD! He is anti-Dodge anyway!

redriderbob

Quick Reply: Dale Jr. isn't concerned about Truex bolting: