Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Mikey and Green spar most of the race:

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:00 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mikey and Green spar most of the race:

#15-Michael Waltrip and #43-Jeff Green were called to the office after Waltrip clearly spun Green out, bringing caution on Lap 207. Waltrip and Green apparently have a running disagreement, with Waltrip accusing Green of jabbing at him earlier in the race [a lap 8 wreck took Waltrip out of contention], and with the two also having a clash at Martinsville. Waltrip insisted he was not sure what caused brought on the unpleasantness. "They said we should not be around each other," he said after his meeting with the officials. "That'll be good with me, because the only two times I've had him behind me he's spun me out. It's unfortunate to have to deal with stuff like this."

"I'm baffled. I was running down the back straightaway on the first lap of green and he hit me. The sad part is he doesn't have to pay any price and I get my car tore all to pieces. It's cool with me. If NASCAR says stay away from each other or you'll regret it, then that's good." Waltrip was penalized one lap for rough driving after spinning Green out. Green left the meeting quickly and did not comment.

(Speed Channel)

redriderbob

Old 05-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Vader
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mikey and Green spar most of the race:

Waltrip was out of line. IMO

Quick Reply: Mikey and Green spar most of the race: