Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Now thats a Ricer !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 12:01 PM
RM Indy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now thats a Ricer !!!

A meet 2yrs ago I was done byround 3 of eleminations so decided to jump in the time trial lane. See a white civic ahead as I enter n think, no problem.(he showed up during elimations) As I get closer though I see tiny skinny rear tire (almost bicycle width) out back and see tires hanging out past the body upfront. Hmm ok looks like a real racehere. Ooppps whats this, damn hes drilled out the rear bumper, has a cage n no interior except a race bucket/5point harness n some gauges on a gutted dash.Uhh ohhh, walking around front I see the tell tale huge intercooler hanging down behind the front spoiler and the fatest slick he could get under it. Ok this is going to beugly LOL sure enough we line up when they callusup. He does a mean soundingburnoutwhile I lite up the ET streets. (street legal slick).Lites come down n bang, hes got me bya good2lengthsby the 60' mark n is pulling away fast as it hits 2ndwith a nasty hammering shift. By the time I hit the traps at the finish he was prabably about 35 lengths ahead of me. Picking up my slip I see the resultsof his warm up pass. 11.5 @ 140mph (post the slip if I can find it). It was the slowest pass he made.The rest of the afternoon it washi 10s@144-148mph . </P>

Last year I saw him run a 9.6 @154mph and he said he got a 9.42 out of it earlier. Didnt see him this year but I expect hes nudging 8s now or running them. Thats just crazy for a civic lol !!!! </P>

Old 10-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But he beat you in the Ram... That's sad... But if you can stand to gut your car... LOL!

~Amanda</P>

Old 10-11-2003, 12:45 PM
RM Indy

LOL mine ison a diet,,,,,,,,,, but not that far </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Old 10-11-2003, 12:48 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Will you take me to the track?! PLEASE?! I'll be your Indy Ram Groupie!! Your interior is BAD ***!! I am in awe...</P>

~Amanda</P>

P.S. You have the stock seatbelts? Not harness type?</P>

Old 10-11-2003, 01:30 PM
RM Indy

LOL, maybe a bit of a drive for u but sure. More than welcome to join us, but we may put u to work on video duty </P>

Thanks The seats were a labor of love that I finished last fall. I put at least50hrs into grinding, drilling, cutting,sandblasting, priming, painting, clearcoats and wetsanding (15coats/sanding6x).Various parts of the brackets werein n outtoo many times too countto get the fit of the crossbarsn seat postions perfect.</P>

I do havea 5point harness but theyneed to be attached to a cage and are technically illegal on the street where I live. No cage (yet) but I have thought about it. </P>

Old 10-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Video duty is fine with me!! But yea... I'm close to the Detroit/Windsor tunnel... but Ontario seems to be a lot farther... LMAO!! Where's your track at? Ever been to the Milan dragstrip here inMichigan?</P>

The seats are very nice!!! LOL! All I can wonder is who gets your old parts?! LOL!</P>

~Amanda</P>

Old 10-11-2003, 02:52 PM
RM Indy

HAHAHA</P>

Never been to Milan, I race at Cayuga, or what they call itnow lol,,,,Toronto Motorsports Park. Been to St Thomas a few times which is closer to ubut I really hate that track.</P>

The spare parts collection has really increased. Be adding a major shelf across the back of the garage.(have lumber lack motivation) Making a Dodgecouch out of one set of spare seats for the garage </P>