Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

fun night out

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 12:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: fun night out

well, if i were in the mirada, i would put my money on me versus just about anything i come across on the street, the newer lotus included...what year diplomat did you have??

as for racing in a jag, i also run a jag forum, and we have a guy who regularly races a newer jag, but the model is escaping me...

funny you mention about the SLOWstice revving alot...it heard alot of that the other night...

Old 08-01-2005, 02:16 PM
MChat
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT
solstice...pontiacs self proclaimed "SRT-4 killer"..
Hmm weighs the same and probably puts out 2/3rds the power of the SRT-4... Someone is not doing their math at Pontiac.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Dr.Dodge
Professional

I had a 1978 Diplomat 2 dr Specialty Hardtop. Started life as a 318 2 bbl, then went 440 Magnum. Too tight a fit, so I used a 400" low deck block and turned down the 440 crank to make 451" Much better clearance on the driver's side.

Jeff

Edit: There is a pic of it in my gallery. The grey one. Same colour as the 88 Jag, and '05 Durango. Pattern here? lol

Old 08-01-2005, 03:51 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker

From what I understand (I know someone who is in the know in GM), the Solstice was supposed to have a turbocharged version of the Ecotec. It was rumored to have somewhere around 230HP. It might be out by Spring with a Solstice GXP and the new Saturn Sky. I think that may be the so-called SRT-4 killer. I can't imagine GM trying to go after the SRT-4 with the Solstice or Sky, they are very different cars.

Pat, was it the turbo 4 banger Lotus or the V-8 Lotus Esprit?

Danny

Old 08-01-2005, 04:55 PM
MChat
Captain

ORIGINAL: bigddy9

From what I understand (I know someone who is in the know in GM), the Solstice was supposed to have a turbocharged version of the Ecotec. It was rumored to have somewhere around 230HP. It might be out by Spring with a Solstice GXP and the new Saturn Sky. I think that may be the so-called SRT-4 killer. I can't imagine GM trying to go after the SRT-4 with the Solstice or Sky, they are very different cars.
It would be interesting if that Razor concept car came out in the next year or two sporting an SRT-4 engine and RWD. Probably would be lighter too. MMMMM Stage III Razor SRT-4 MMMMM

Or... even better Big Turbo Razor SRT-4

Old 08-01-2005, 05:36 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Danny, it was a V8 Espirit, in a sort of metallic orange-gold...it sounded VERY good when he jumped on it..

Quick Reply: fun night out