Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Kasey Kahne Foundation launches auction

Old 08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kasey Kahne Foundation launches auction

Foundations EBAY PAGE
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ahnefoundation

ORIGINAL: nascar.com

Kasey Kahne Foundation launches auction
Autographed Wilsons Leather Jackets available for bidding
August 19, 2005 05:55 PM EDT (21:55 GMT)

Fans have the chance to support the new Kasey Kahne Foundation through an online auction of limited edition autographed leather jackets by Wilsons Leather from nine popular Nextel Cup Series drivers beginning 10 a.m. EST Aug. 19, and ending at 10 a.m. EST Aug. 29.

The Kasey Kahne Foundation will focus on chronically ill children and their families, with special attention given to the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte. The foundation is committed to positive, long-term cultural changes by giving underprivileged boys and girls ample opportunities for success. Diversity awareness will be at the forefront of the foundation.

"I am very excited to announce the Kasey Kahne Foundation as well as our first fundraising program to benefit Cornerstone Schools, which provide their students with a first class education," said Kahne, driver of the No. 9 Dodge Charger. "One of the purposes of our Foundation is to support diversity awareness, especially programs that give underprivileged kids hope and the opportunity to improve the quality of their lives.

"Although I always dreamed of being a professional race car driver, I did not leave home to pursue my dream until I graduated. It is difficult to succeed without receiving your diploma. On behalf of my partners who have joined me in this project, NASCAR, Wilson's Leather and eBay, the Kasey Kahne Foundation is happy to be involved in helping the many deserving Cornerstone kids receive a great education."

Kahne makes his announcement at MIS. Credit: Contributed photo

Fans will have the chance to be the first supporters of the Kasey Kahne Foundation through a 10-day charity auction on eBay Giving Works. The auction will feature nine autographed limited edition NASCAR, numbered leather jackets from Wilsons Leather, along with other autographed NASCAR-licensed product.

"Wilsons Leather is excited to partner with NASCAR and the Kasey Kahne Foundation in their effort to support the Cornerstone Schools Association, which focuses on preparing Detroit children for life," said Mike Searles, chairman and CEO of Wilsons Leather.

The jackets in the charity auction will debut Sept. 6 in Wilsons Leather stores nationwide and online at www.wilsonsleather.com. Stores will feature a NASCAR promotion where customers can select from 48 NASCAR leather outerwear and accessory styles for both men and women featuring the driver of their choice. Included will be Limited Edition Signature Series authentic autographed jackets featuring nine of NASCAR's most popular drivers. This one-of-a-kind promotion will feature product exclusive only to Wilsons Leather.

Proceeds from the auction will benefit Cornerstone Schools in Detroit, Michigan. Since 1991, Cornerstone has grown from two small schools with 167 students to four schools with more than 800 students. Cornerstone, which has been recognized for outstanding scholastic achievement in the city of Detroit by the Skillman Foundation will open a fifth school for the 2005-06 school year, bringing additional educational opportunities to more than 1,000 students.

Kasey Kahne Credit: Autostock

"NASCAR has been a tremendous partner and friend to our children since 2001, sponsoring five children per year," said Cornerstone Schools' President Ernestine Sanders. "George Pyne, NASCAR chief operating officer, and the NASCAR family continue to assist us in creating excellent schools. On behalf of NASCAR's student partners and staff of Cornerstone Schools, I offer my sincere gratitude for their support and continued commitment. We look forward to continuing our relationship with NASCAR in the future."

"NASCAR commends Kasey Kahne for starting his own charitable foundation and we are pleased that Kasey and NASCAR licensee Wilsons Leather are joining us in supporting Cornerstone Schools Association of Detroit," said NASCAR Chief Operating Officer George Pyne.

NASCAR has been a supporter of Cornerstone Schools since 2001; through NASCAR's support, 10 children in Detroit have had the opportunity to attend the school system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kasey Kahne Foundation launches auction