Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Crocker's Busch debut set for Sept. 9 at RIR

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crocker's Busch debut set for Sept. 9 at RIR

ORIGINAL: http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/head...but/index.html
Erin Crocker: "I know it's going to be a big step up [from ARCA and Silver Crown cars] and there's going to be tough competition, but you have to start somewhere." Credit: Autostock

Crocker's Busch debut set for Sept. 9 at RIR
Track Release
August 31, 2005
10:07 AM EDT (14:07 GMT)

RICHMOND, Va. -- Erin Crocker, who last year became the first woman to win a World of Outlaws race and this season is part of the driver development program at Evernham Motorsports, will make her NASCAR Busch Series debut at Richmond International Raceway in the Emerson Radio 250 on Sept. 9.

Crocker has three top-five finishes and four-tops in five ARCA races this year. She has also run a handful of USAC Silver Crown Series races for Nextel Cup Series driver Kasey Kahne, including the Richmond Times-Dispatch 100 at RIR in June.

Crocker, 24, spent Monday at Richmond shaking down the car she will drive next weekend. "I think I'm about as ready as I'm going to be," she said. "I know it's going to be a big step up [from ARCA and Silver Crown cars] and there's going to be tough competition, but you have to start somewhere."

Crocker, who finished 29th in the Richmond Times-Dispatch 100, feels that the learning curve for her might be shorter in the Busch Series. "To be honest, I've never excelled in a Silver Crown Car at Richmond. Maybe it has something to do with the team or maybe me in the car.

Credit: Autostock

"For some reason I seem to learn quicker in the stock car. We had a good test at Dover last week, too, and I'm really excited to come back to Richmond next week for the race."

Despite this being her first NASCAR race, Crocker is confident in her ability. "My goal right now is to qualify on time and not have to use the owner's points, to finish on the lead lap, and to learn," she said. "It's a big jump for me. I've only run five ARCA races and it's a huge difference between ARCA competition and the Busch series. So, I just have to take it one step at a time."

Crocker began her racing career in a Quarter Midget at age 7. Her career has included wins in numerous sprint car series, and in 2003, Crocker became the first woman in the 43-year history of World of Outlaws competition to qualify for the Knoxville Nationals. She was named the 2003 Nationals' Rookie of the Year.

Last year, she competed for a full season in the World of Outlaws Series, driving for Woodring Racing. Her feature-event win came at Tulare, Calif.

Find this article at:
http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/head...but/index.html

Old 08-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Crocker's Busch debut set for Sept. 9 at RIR

IMO she is not ready.

Joey Miller on the other hand is ready, but he wants to stay in the ARCA ReMax series. He may go to the Busch Series next year.

Erin will be back in the ACRA series real fast...

Quick Reply: Crocker's Busch debut set for Sept. 9 at RIR