Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
0%
No
25.00%
Yes but with Limitations
75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Buschwackers, Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buschwackers, Yes or No?

ORIGINAL:http://www.speedwaymedia.com/Article...91405Lintz.asp

Buschwackers, Yes or No?
Posted on September 14, 2005

By Everett Lintz II

With the chase for the Nextel Cup, should they run in the Busch Series for fun? I can't say that they shouldn't but then I cannot say they should. I can see why the NBS Drivers DON'T want them... Personally, I'm in the middle of the whole situation.
I believe NNCS drivers should run because it will give the younger drivers MORE experience. You cannot say that Martin Truex Jr. could have won the NBS title in 2004 or a Talladega or Daytona win without the help of his boss/friend, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Dale Jr. gave Martin the win last year at 'Dega and that is a solid fact. Even though this year Martin proved he can do it on his own, it wasn't without the help of the Cup Drivers.

Now for the bad side...... I believe the Cup Drivers should stay away for many reasons. You have teams like Davis Racing (Kertus Davis) and Jay Robinson Racing (Derrike Cope and Steve Grissom) that barely have money to go race to race and these Cup guys come in and take valuable money and points away. When you have someone like Tony Stewart (2002 Winston Cup Champion) driving a RCR powered Kevin Harvick Inc car, Kertus or Derrike have no chance. With rising gas prices, I see why the NBS drivers are ticked (not the word I want to use).

In my opinion, what NASCAR should do is implement a rule that makes the NNCS drivers get 43rd place points and money so that the NBS guys can get more money for the effort. The only exception to this rule would be if someone like Dale Earnhardt Jr (wishing) was running full time, then it would be a legal to run for the title. Though it may differ the "Buschwackers", it would allow the Underdog teams to get somewhere and make some more money to run weekly.

For More Stories, please come on over to my site, NascarDiscussion (http://nascardiscussion.idohost.com).

Old 09-14-2005, 02:47 PM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buschwackers, Yes or No?

What I think they should do is they should have drivers considered part-time and full-time. Once you're considered a full-time cup driver you shouldn't be allowed to drive in the Busch series at all. Like it says they take not only money but points from the other drivers. If you're considered part-time, it's something like a Busch series racer racing in the cup to see what it's like or feeling it out. Most of the time they won't get in the way and if they do place good, they deserve it for being in Busch and beating the cups drivers.

Quick Reply: Buschwackers, Yes or No?