Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

killed an eclispe

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:41 PM
01 r/t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default killed an eclispe

Just killed an eclipse rs with a nice exhuast yet my little neon r/t still smoked it.

Oh yea was the o1 neon r/t limited production cause i have yet to have seen one on the road besides mine i meen ii see the 98 r/ts everywhere and i saw an 04 r/t at the delarship but i have yet to see anohter 01 r/t in the state of florida.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:55 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: killed an eclispe

I wouldnt call it "limited production", but there arent nearly as many R/T's on the road as SXT's and SE Neon's. And considering they stopped maing the R/T in 2004, thats one thing that contributes to there being less of them i suppose.

Oh btw, nice kill with the Eclipse, the specs between the RS (if it was 2000 and up) and R/T are pretty much identical except for the RS puts out a little more torque i think. If it was a pre-2000 Eclipse then it has a similar engine to the 1st Gen SE neons so you should've smoked it, no offense to the SE drivers, lol. (I think...if someone knows otherwise chime in!)

Old 01-24-2006, 04:03 AM
01 r/t

Hey, do u get a clicking sound from the pully side of the motor like underneath on the bottom. My car has 97k on it it had 92k on it back in november when i got it. I found the car at a used car lot for sale for $4,000 and i figured it was a buy since the r/ts with 70k miles still go for 7grand. But i relize i am going to have to do the timing belt and waterpump verysoon and i already just paid to get breaks put on. as well as some bridgestone fuzion tires soft rubber on front and kelly tires on the back witch seem to have hard rubber. The only thing is that i get this rotating clicking noise and i cant pinpoint it it sounds like its coming from a lower pully. Buy when i have the belts done i am going to have them listen to and see if they can fix the noise. Please let me know if any of this sounds similar.

Oh yea i did do a carfax and the car has never been reported to the dmv as a wrecked car. And also the car only belonged to one person.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:24 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

No i dont get that clicking noise, but there have been a few posts on the topic and people tend to lean toward it being a bad CV joint in many cases. Just do a search for "Clicking Noise"(or something similar) under the 2nd Gen Forums and a bunch of topics will come up.

Quick Reply: killed an eclispe