Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Kept up with a Integra GSR

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 02:28 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kept up with a Integra GSR

Ok so I had just gotten my new gauges w/tach put in and I wanted too see how much better my car would perform now that I knew when to shift. So me and my buddy Travis, who has a 94 Integra GSR line up at a stop. We go on green. Travis pulls on me for about 2 seconds and low and behold im catching up with him and now staying with him dead even? I couldnt belive it, neither could he considering the GSR owns alot of cars. So we run again. Same effect, im staying with him. Were both looking at eachother like wtf this cant be happening. Travis is a competitive go cart racer too so hes not a bad driver in the least bit. So we run one more time. Same thing? YESS. Apparently the Neon is definantly capable of staying up with a Teg GSR. I guess its awsome to know when to shift right? Well ne way im very proud of my car. I never stayed with Travis very well up untill now. I guess knowing when to shift makes all the difference in the world. Now this wasnt a kill but a dead even match.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:29 AM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kept up with a Integra GSR

Good job man! Does the Teg have any mods? If he does then I'd be REALLY impressed! I was gonna race one lastnight, but the guy bailed out...*****!!! lol

Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice job! I had my *** WHOOPED by a GSR on I-4... It was a normal Integra with a motor swap. I didn't know he had the GSR engine until we got back to my apartment. (He was a new neighbor)

Old 02-23-2006, 08:05 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I raced one once in my '99 Neon R/T on my way to pre-register my Roadrunner for a car show. It was behind me and I had just crossed a set of train tracks at a crawl and after he crossed he chirped his tires and ran up on me. It had been lowered with the aftermarket everything (wheels, fart can, etc.) and body kit with fancypants graphics all over. I just happened to be in the mood and since he started it, I was more than ready to play. It did pretty good, but I still walked away slowly and it put up a better fight than I thought it would. I was really hoping he/it would have still been around there when I returned in my Roadrunner so I could give him the proper spanking he deserved.[sm=devilangel.gif]

Quick Reply: Kept up with a Integra GSR