Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Enexpected race.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Wayward
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enexpected race.

So quick backstory and setup. I live in Oldpeopleville aka Naples, FL. LAnd of no racing action basically. And I just bought my strat and hadnt raced it at all and wasnt expecting to unless I ran into someone on the interstate. So this surprised the hell out of me.

Im driving home last night at around 11pm down one of the less busy stretches of road in town. The speed limit is 45 but most do at least 50 on there and I was doing a comfy cop avoiding 55. When to my right appears a woman in her mid to late 50s in some little Infinity suv (no clue what model). She matches my speed then pulls ahead rather quickly then slows back down to match my speed again.

I think nothing of it as this is old fart ville and figure she just wasnt paying attention. Thing is she does this like 2 more times. Then after that she takes off full tilt from the next stop light and then slows down to let me catch up.

After that i figured what the hell, maybe grandma has *****. So I pull back up to her and gun it. Sure enough as soon as I floor it she does the same. She keeps up for about 1.5 seconds and then I pull 2 carlengths up. Figuring the fun is over I slow down to a reasonable cop avoiding speed. As soon as i fo this she guns it again and does a ricer flyby! Thats right. Granny did a flyby.

So at this point im laughing my *** off. We make it to the next light and i look over and smile and wave giving her the thumbs up and still chuckling. She nods looks back ahead and revs her engin. Now she wants to go from a stop?!

So i watch the light and when it turns we both gun it. I get up to about 80 and shes well within my rearview. So i slow down again.

I get another flyby with a friendly double honk and we go our seperate turnlanes a block later.

Whoda thunk. Granny was a speedfreak. Definately a memerable first race in the strat.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:07 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Enexpected race.

hmmm...is your car a stick or manual? i cannot recall...

i would like to see a picture of the infinity SUV that you ran...they make two versions of the Fx, which is a smaller model, and the two engine options are a 280hp V6 or a 320hp V8...im not saying that theyre fast, but they have alot of power...

Old 03-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Wayward

Pretty sure it was an infinity. It was a smallish suv with what i thought was the infinity logo on it. Didnt see the back much as she was trying to stay beside me most the time.

If that thing has even 260 hp then its either way heavy or she was holding back (although it seemed like she was floring it at a few points).

Im an auto btw.

Damn I wish i got a better look at the back now. I though it was just som underpeowed heavy luxury car. If it had that much power id hate to think granny was toying with me lol.

Old 03-15-2006, 09:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, a few things..with the 260hp engine, it will have alot of drivetrain loss with the auto transmission and transfer cases, not to mention the weight.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wayward

So quick backstory and setup. I live in Oldpeopleville aka Naples, FL. LAnd of no racing action basically. And I just bought my strat and hadnt raced it at all and wasnt expecting to unless I ran into someone on the interstate. So this surprised the hell out of me.

Im driving home last night at around 11pm down one of the less busy stretches of road in town. The speed limit is 45 but most do at least 50 on there and I was doing a comfy cop avoiding 55.
I'm from Fort Myers (which as you know, is the neighbor city to Naples) and I know there is PLENTY of racing action out there. I think you just haven't found it.

First you can go to the Immokalee Regional Raceway (IHRA member)...

State Road 846 East Immokalee, FL
(800)826-1947 or (239)657-5954
www.immrace.com

It's only 20-30 miles away from where you are.

If want quality performance parts and good prices. Visit Big Daddy's Performance Parts, inc on Highway 41 in Fort Myers...

If you would like to know about the street racing, PM me. They meet at a specific location on a specific night and go to one of 3 places. I don't want to state the place on the net.

I don't know if you are new to Naples or not but here is a good site to find things to do there: www.DiscoverNaples.com

I wouldn't call Naples, OldPeopleVille... I would call it RichPeopleVille...

Old 03-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Wayward

Hahaha no im not new to naples ive been her 24 out of my 26 years. Yeah i guess its more rich people than old although there are alot of old. Ft meyers has more young people than naples by far though.

Just didnt know anything about the racing scene as this is the first car Ive owned worth a damn in that departmen. To give you an idea, it replaced a 1989 oldes 98.

So I guess you can tell im not one of those rich people eather heh.

Cool, someone actually closer than orlando that hangs out on the boards. Well have to meet up sometime.

Dont know if ill be doing to much racing yet. Gotta get her more than stock at least a lil first

Old 03-21-2006, 12:13 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

Did you race "The little old lady from Passadenna"? Good times...I hate ricer fly-bys![:@] Old ppl racing...sounds dangerous![&:]

Old 03-23-2006, 03:14 AM
rob[GL]
All Star

I got owned by an 4 door infinity... Don't remember the model... but he obviously had some performance mods done to it... dual exhaust and whatnot...

Old 03-23-2006, 11:22 AM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: rob[GL]

I got owned by an 4 door infinity... Don't remember the model... but he obviously had some performance mods done to it... dual exhaust and whatnot...
It was probably a Q45. They have a V8...or something like that...it's fast!

Old 03-25-2006, 06:06 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: YeahItsAHemi345

Did you race "The little old lady from Passadenna"? Good times...I hate ricer fly-bys![:@] Old ppl racing...sounds dangerous![&:]
That it does... I wouldn't race an old lady. She can have the win...

Quick Reply: Enexpected race.