Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

RT vs Mach1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 10:24 AM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RT vs Mach1?

I'm right there with ya, Daytona! I'm almost 60 (next January), and this is my chance to have something I never had before - a Dodge (Chrysler) muscle car. I don't think the original Charger was compared to the Mustang (Cudas and Challengers were there for that); so why is everyone so anxious to compare this one to the Stang? I have a car that I'm very proud of, proud to drive, and proud when people stop me to look at it and ask questions; I've even had "Ricer" guys yell at me to "let 'er rip!" when stopped for stop lights :-). Of course, I don't do that - I don't need to! I know I can roast them.

I'm thinking about those exhaust cutouts that you have on your car, Daytona. I don't drive hard all the time - I don't have to. I know what my car will do and I don't need to prove it to anyone. Still, when the occasion arises to put the look of awe on someone's face, I'm not too shy about it :-).

Yep, I love my car and I don't really care if others don't or believe that their little GT can take me. Just line up with me, give us a clear road ahead, and lets GET IT ON!!!!

dave

Old 03-24-2006, 11:35 AM
shoafb

No modding for now. I don't want to loose my warranty and it kills the resale value. The car is fast enough for me and I'm not racing anyone anyway.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:56 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

shoafb, I hope you haven't taken offense at anything said here. None is/was intended. I used to frequent another board quite often until I started getting slammed by people who didn't like the new Charger cause it had 4 doors, etc. It's just that comparing the new Charger with the new Mustang is, as said, like comparing apples to oranges - I think you would agree.

Point being, we're having fun, and that's what really counts - no matter what a person might be driving. Whether its a 10 second car, or a 16 second car, if it's fun, that's all that counts.

dave

Old 03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
shoafb

No offence taken. I like both cars just fine. Some people need 4 doors, nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:43 PM
MACHXLR8

Not to break in to this post but 3600 lbs is the weight of a SVT Cobra. My MACH1 weighs 3465lbs. The difference comes from the IRS and the iron block in the Cobra. The MACH1 has an aluminum block and heads. It also has a solid axel with 3:55 gear.
Just giving some more insight to this thread.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:36 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain

ORIGINAL: Gomango#2968

I raced a 05 or 06 GT a few weeks ago from 50mph to about 120mph. I Pulled him by atleast 10 cars. When we got in town he rolled his window down and said wow that Daytona is fast. Gotta love that out of a 4100 lb car.
10 car length's...???Whatever you say dude........I think he just hit the brakes and you kept going or it was a V6

Old 03-27-2006, 06:18 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

kewl guys thanks alot let us know how each machine does !

Quick Reply: RT vs Mach1?