Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

C5 racing (no Dodges, sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 12:59 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C5 racing (no Dodges, sorry)

ORIGINAL: dieselram

Yes, I only got a 13.9 in a stock 2001 C5 convertible (its not a ZO6 or something). The best run C&D got when testing it new was only 13.5. I didn't say it was fast, or that it was some amazing video, just thought I'd share. I bet an SRT-4 would be me, there was a 300 SRT-8 that ran 13.6 and was full of TV's and speakers. But personally, I'd take a 13.9 C5 convertible over a 13.5 SRT-4 anyday, there is more to life than just speed and straight lines.
I didn't mean it to sound like I was ripping on you at all. I am one of the biggest Vette freaks on teh planet, I just thought they were faster than that. If it's a rag top, then that explains alot, they are alot heavier than the coupe Vettes. I agree that i would much rather have a 13.9 Vette over a 13.5 SRT-4.

Danny

Old 04-18-2006, 01:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: moparmanjames

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i would also take a 13.9 C5 ragtop over a 13.5 SRT4, because that 13.9 C5 could easily become a 13.5 C5 with a little practice.
So, the 13.5 SRT4 driver isn't allowed to practice?
I'll take the SRT4. Now, if were talking a 1967 or 68 Vette, then I'll take the Vette.
i just dont a four door car right now...i think that i would enjoy the corvette more than the neon...

Old 04-18-2006, 07:24 PM
dieselram
Captain

I tend to over react when I think people are giving me crap about the car. I took to a friend's car meet (the 240 guy in the videos) and he gave me crap about it being just another stock vette comapred to his SR20DET 240, then some punk kids came up and the first thing they start saying is "so n' so's whatever could take you", so that kinda pushed my buttons again. My statement about the slower vette over the faster SRT-4 referred to everyday life, not driver skill or modifications. I get 26mpg city, 32mpg hwy and I can take it to a car show, drag strip, or adult formal social gathering (try showing up to a corporate meeting in an SRT-4 or GST Eclipse), not to mention the Florida sun with the top down.
SRT's are wicked quick, every model, period. People seem to think vettes are fast stock but not really, thats why the C6 ZO6 has 150hp on me (500 vs 350). Also, every vehicle I've modded has had problems, so I left the engine alone for the most part on this one.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i kind of take exception to that...my stratus RT coupe is no 300C, but ive taken it to professional meetings.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:16 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran

ORIGINAL: moparmanjames

i would also take a 13.9 C5 ragtop over a 13.5 SRT4, because that 13.9 C5 could easily become a 13.5 C5 with a little practice.
So, the 13.5 SRT4 driver isn't allowed to practice?
I'll take the SRT4. Now, if were talking a 1967 or 68 Vette, then I'll take the Vette.
i just dont a four door car right now...i think that i would enjoy the corvette more than the neon...
Cool, I am just not enamored with the new Vettes, a little too plastic fantastic for me.
I like sports cars, but more bare-bones type raw driving machines.
I do like what they did with the gas mileage, excellent solution, but there lies a problem.
You grind a cam like that and jack up the compression, and the vette just doesnt sound right.
Kinda like a truck or something.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

however, for the price, i woudl almost rather have a 300c SRT8...i just want a mtx car.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:32 PM
moparmanjames
Veteran

i just want a mtx car.

Maybe a small block Triumph Spitfire?

Old 04-19-2006, 04:38 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

haha...

a friend of mine had an old jensen with a lotus motor in it, and he and i often discussed how strong it would be with even a stock 340...it was a tiny car...the car, with the engine and full tank of gas couldnt have weighed more than 2000lbs...

Quick Reply: C5 racing (no Dodges, sorry)