Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Surprised some kids in an SVT Mustang today

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 12:07 AM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surprised some kids in an SVT Mustang today

I had gone into town to pick up a few things when I hear and then see this last generation Mustang SVT coming up hard and into the lane next to me at the stop light. I didn't know, but I pulled it into 1st, slap stick mode. Light turned green and she (yep, a girl driving) took off. I hammed it and just couldn't get any traction. Another car had made the turn out of a shopping center in front of me just before the light turned green anyway, so I couldn't go hard for very long. I had caught up and slammed second and started to pull her, then I had to shut her down and let the Stang go. Caught up to her a bit later. She hammered hers from about 20 mph, so, being the all american male that I am (lmao here), I hammered the Charger. Again, tires busted loose and she went sideways. The guy riding shot gun in the Mustang heard/saw me and leaned all the way out of the window to see. A bit later, we pulled into a Sonic and the two guys with her were in awe. Wanted to see the engine, etc. Said they really liked the Charger and were very impressed with the Hemi. Said the girl's Mustang was pushing 450 hp. I said I was close to 400. They thought it would be a good race. They said that a new drag strip is going to be built this summer just across the hiway from me. They were nice kids and were very respectful of this old gentleman (hehehe). If I could have gotten traction, it would have been a lot of fun. She might have beaten me, but I think the Charger would have put up a good accounting of itself.

Just thought I'd pass this along. Oh, I think I am going to put the transmission shift points back closer to the stock position. My engine just seems to stop pulling about 5700-5800, and so I'm wasting time until it gets to 6000 before shifting.

dave

Old 03-26-2006, 04:36 AM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Default RE: Surprised some kids in an SVT Mustang today

nice kill

Old 03-26-2006, 12:02 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

wouldnt you have felt bad for beatiNg a GIRL ? lMAO j\k dave

Old 03-26-2006, 12:41 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

It was probably a '99 or '01 Cobra. My Cousin raced a Charger R/T in his '01 Cobra. He beat the r/t but, it put up a great fight...especially because the r/t is automatic. You should of called her out for another street run!

Old 03-26-2006, 06:01 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

I don't know what it was for sure. It did say SVT on it, though. I'm sure we'll meet up again. Would I feel bad about beating a girl? NO. Would I feel bad if she beat me? NO. :-)

dave

Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice run... also, it's nice to see some respcetful racers...

Quick Reply: Surprised some kids in an SVT Mustang today