Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Me Versus Jaguar X-type.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:33 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Me Versus Jaguar X-type.

So,coming back from hockey this past friday, I was behind someone CRAWLING along, and i see something with very bright blue headlights and foglights flying up behind me....even when it got close, all i could see was projection lights, and alot of blue lighting. I assumed that it was an import with aftermarket lighting, and it would fly up behind me, then drop back, over and over...finally, the 2 lanes turned into 4, and i pulled next to the slower car as we came to a stop light. the mystery car pulled behind the slower car, and i didnt pull all the way to the line, and i could see that it was a newer X-type, with awful, huge, gawdy chrome rims. The light turned green, and i pulled out, and as the other car didnt speed up the jag swerved over behind me, and once we were away from the other car, he got along side me, and just rode there, then he began slowing down bit by bit, and i did the same, staying beside him. I had just shifted into second gear, keeping the RPMs high as he got on it, and got a bit of a jump on me, but i was in the power band and i stayed right with him,pulling ahead quickly, and staying ahead (and gradually pulling away) until about 90 or so...then i slowed down...i then saw him trying to get a run on me, so i again got into it, and by the time he got next to me, i was up to speed and never let him get past. he kept doing this, and as we hit some light traffic, he began swerving back and forth, trying to get around me, but it never happened. before i turned off, he got behind me and as he swung out, and got into it again, holding him off until 80 or so again...before i turned...i gave him a friend honk of the horn, but he didnt return the gesture...i guess that he didnt like his "luxury car" losing to a lowly dodge stratus...

Old 04-24-2006, 03:26 AM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Me Versus Jaguar X-type.

WTF is a X-type? (I know it's a Jag) I've been beated by a Jag once...I have no idea what kind it was.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:56 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

this is a 2002 x-type (see below)...the reviews that ive found say "15.5 ET", but thats 2wd, and with the normal tires and rims. this car had what appeared to be huge chrome rims, and they also make an AWD model, that would be slower due to more drivetrain loss.

as for you in the hemi racing most jags, you should win, unless it is one of the high end sports coupe models.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2745/3B9C59A7F8054BF4AC05D2E592544875.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-24-2006, 07:53 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

The one I raced was a 2 door. I'll see if I can find a pic. When I raced him it was even till 3rd gear...then he started to pull. My truck is slow though...

Old 04-24-2006, 08:33 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

your truck has to be faster than my stratus...off the line, anyway

Old 04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

Hemi's SUCK...

gas!

Old 04-24-2006, 09:26 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

Nice, what I like about the story is he seemed to be a dick by pulling up and dropping back behind you. I hate that, because there isn't anything you could do as far as go faster.

But sounds like you taught him. It is like around here the guys that dribe the bmers and mercedes who think there sh&^ don't stink and cut people off and run up the *****. That is when I am a dick. Of course that was always happening when I had my neon. But now with the GT, I haven't had that problem yet.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:13 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i must say, i drove like much more of an *** when in the BMW...but i dont buy into the flying up behind someone and slowing down over and over, unless i know them...

Old 04-25-2006, 02:47 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i must say, i drove like much more of an *** when in the BMW...but i dont buy into the flying up behind someone and slowing down over and over, unless i know them...
Don't become the stereotypical BMW driver. . And I won't become the stereotypical Mustang driver. [X(]

Old 05-01-2006, 12:13 AM
whoosh
Champion

****, I hope I won't be like that when I drive my dad's 323...

Good kill, but what do you expect, it's a Ford..

Quick Reply: Me Versus Jaguar X-type.