Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

EVO IX, My first race

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 04:15 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO IX, My first race

...well, it really wasn't a race, more like just playing around. One of the guys at my local club has an EVO IX...then again, it is mainly an EVO/STi club...anyway, we "played" around for about a few blocks during rolls and I knew they were fast, but he didn't know the Venge had some spirit either, lol. I also didn't know I was at 14psi until I looked at my logs at home, I thought I already stepped it up to 18psi..oh well. I was able to to stay at his rear door and he wasn't pulling away very fast...more like creeping past me until we hit another red light and had to stop. We quit from there because I had to turn onto the highway to get home.
I "lost". I did surprise him. He thought he was going to leave me at the light, lol. I don't think he knew what I had done to my car...mods wise. I'm sure he'll ask me at our next meet, lol.

I have to say that I was a bit surprised with the Venge too.

Old 05-01-2006, 04:59 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: EVO IX, My first race

Nice run... Just a little more work and you've got him..

Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah, I kind of have a feel for where I stand in a straight line now although my goals with my car are for closed course road racing and not drag, but that was fun and no one got hurt and there wasn't traffic ahead of us. I'm not sure why I didn't turn up the boost back up . Nonetheless, it was neat for me to have fallen back from the IX considering I used to fall back to other 140whp cars .

Old 05-04-2006, 04:01 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lol it slipped my mind about the boost, I guess I read too fast... Yeah, you should have turned it back up, lol...

Old 05-04-2006, 04:41 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Well, I just found out that Robert (EVO owner) isn't exactly stock but far from mildly modded. He has a catback and AEM short ram which explains the tone of his exhaust and a sard r2d2 bov/dv which explains the sound of it. So not much over stock but a little.
You're right though Midnight, just a little more work with my setup (turn up boost!) and I can keep up with a stock EVO IX and then some fine tuning to get me to 330hp. Then it's time to work on the internals and turbo to get it past 400chp safely(Bench racing at it's worst right there, lol.)
Ok, moving too fast, lol. Let me just do the steps and I'll try again later, lol.

Quick Reply: EVO IX, My first race