Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

i can't believe it...i want a rematch

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 04:10 AM
04hemi_man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i can't believe it...i want a rematch

one of my friends that i work with just got a new titan, so i was nagging him on to race, well it happened lastnight, i saw him at sonics, so i pull in and we bs for a while, i finally talk him into giving me a run so we went outside of town about 3 miles or so and his buddy in a 04 or 05 chevy reg cab followed, well i did 2 races with the titan, the first from a dead start and it was even til about 45 or 50 then he stared to pull ahead and we stopped at about 100 then the second race i powerbraked it and he did too, the same thing happened but he started to pull on me even more up til about 100 or so he had me by about a truck lenght, maybe a little more, so the the chevy wanted to race me so i agreed, i got him from the start, we only raced once, now i deffinitly have to get some more mods, all i've got now is airaid intake and replaced muffler with a borla...i orded the superchips programmer, it should be here monday or tuesday, then i'll race him again hopefully i'll beat him...i really wasn't expecting that outcome, i'm pretty sure his is stock, he's only had it about 4 or 5 days now...well once i get the s/c prgmr i'll let yall know if we race again....peace

Old 06-11-2006, 05:16 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: i can't believe it...i want a rematch

Stock for stock, the Titan is the biggest competition to the Ram...and if you dont have the Hemi....forget about it....I dont know what year/model Ram you have....still..its not a bad loss...least you didnt lose to a Ford...

Old 06-11-2006, 05:32 AM
04hemi_man

i have an 04 q/c , but when i get my programmer i'm gonna run him again..and yeah, they are our biggest comp. i didn't think they were that quick...he was telling me some of his future mods, so once we both have a few mods it'll be another good race

Old 06-11-2006, 11:34 AM
devilshaven

just a small question, do u shutoff the od before u do the run?

Old 06-11-2006, 10:51 PM
04hemi_man

not on the first race, but i did on the second i couldn't really tell a difference...which way is better?
thanks

Old 06-12-2006, 02:01 AM
devilshaven

its juts that od is for economy and is slowing down acceloration, if u are floring it all the way its not realy a problem, but if u let go for some reason it could try engaging and take off time

Old 06-12-2006, 09:57 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

The superchips helps the Ram ALOT. You'll probably beat him if you race again. This is how it is though: Reg Cab Ram>King Cab Titan
Crew Cab Titan>Quad Cab Ram.

Quick Reply: i can't believe it...i want a rematch