Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Sayin' Sorry For Pocono!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 08:09 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sayin' Sorry For Pocono!

Still Feudin': #17-Matt Kenseth and #29-Kevin Harvick continued their feud from last weekend's race at Pocono in dueling news conferences Friday at Michigan International Speedway. Kenseth and Harvick each spun out in incidents involving the other in the final four laps of last Sunday's Pocono 500. This week, NASCAR fined each $25,000 and placed both on probation until Aug. 11. Harvick said Kenseth's spin was the result of Kenseth brake-checking in front of him, while Kenseth said he retaliated against Harvick because if "I was going to lose those spots (on the track), then he was going to lose his, too." While Kenseth spent much of his time with the media contradicting Harvick's account of the incident, Harvick directed most of his comments at NASCAR officials, saying he was penalized him without cause. "We presented NASCAR with everything they needed. (Kenseth's) skid marks are very evident on the race track and I wish now I had taken a picture of them. There's no way you can spin someone out under caution without at least knocking the grille out of your car," Harvick said. "Just like (Nextel Cup Series director) John Darby told me, 'Your past is probably why you're getting a fine.' I don't think that's the right way to go. But then, what has been right the past few weeks?" Harvick said he would not appeal the penalty. "The appeals process doesn't work. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, you're going to lose," he said. Harvick and his team owner, Richard Childress, remain adamant that Kenseth instigated both incidents under caution. "I've done a lot of wrong things, and that's the first time I have ever talked to Mike Helton twice and presented everything we presented," Harvick said. "Whether they like it or not, they are hard, cold facts." Kenseth denied he brake-checked, triggering the first spin. After both news conferences, Darby again asked both drivers to visit the NASCAR hauler, where they met for several minutes before the start of Friday's practice session.(see full story at ThatsRacin.com)(6-19-2004)

jayski.com

redriderbob

Old 06-19-2004, 08:10 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sayin' Sorry For Pocono!

Robby Apologizes: #31-Robby Gordon publicly apologized to #12-Ryan Newman for the crash that eliminated Newman from the Pocono 500 and led him to describe the crash by saying Gordon “ran out of talent.” “I’m sorry about what happened with Ryan,” said Gordon. “He is a very talented driver and I respect him greatly. I just got pushed down too low on the track onto the curb and it made me loose, causing me to swing up into him. I didn’t mean to do that. I was just trying to save my race car and, unfortunately, bumped him in the process.”(Gaston Gazette)(6-19-2004)

jayski.com

redriderbob

Quick Reply: Sayin' Sorry For Pocono!