Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

CBR 600 vs. SRT-4... HA-HA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 01:03 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR 600 vs. SRT-4... HA-HA!

So, I expected a killing... and I received it...

A friend of mine just purchased an 04 Honda CBR 600 (F1-4?)... nice bike (from what little I know about bike)... anyway... he wanted to "play" around, so knowing full and well he'd cream me... we went out for a nice (read that - fast as h#!!) cruise...

needless to say... I saw only his little taillight for most of the time... on a high note, he was very impressed that he was able to see me in his rearview mirrors are least - haha... and what cracked me up was, when we stopped, he asked me what the "PSSSHHHH" sound was he kept hearing while he was "near" my car... he-he...

so, as expected... crotch rockets are faster than a SRT-4

Old 06-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Gump
Record Breaker
Default RE: CBR 600 vs. SRT-4... HA-HA!

well i dont know the difference from an 04 cbr and a late 90's cbr but i beat one on road about 2 weeks ago. i thought it was my friend so i just rolled up next to him and then threw a rev and down shifted to second and let her rip. they bike got down shifted and tryed to keep up i couldnt beleve i took it i got to the end of 4th gear and noticed that it wasnt my friend and let off and he kept goin. so maybe the older ones arnt as fast or he isnt as good of a rider than your friend but i count it as a win lol it was fun.

Old 06-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Bildo
Rookie

Most crotch rockets will be a lot faster at least from a dead stop. I would say all of the newer ones will hand it to a stock SRT-4 and probably most modded SRT-4's. The car is fast but how can you compete with a bike that weighs, I'm guessing, from 300-500 lbs. with about half as much if not more than half the HP of a stock SRT-4. I have a '92 Yamaha FZR 1000cc that weighs 420 lbs. empty I think, and it has 150 HP stock. I think newer bikes are even lighter with more HP. I can't wait for my Busa. Can't wait for Stage 3 either. Come January if Stage 3 isn't out yet my baby is going to have to wait for Stage 3 for a little while longer because I'm getting the Busa.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:36 PM
jackhole 101
Rookie

the new gixxer bike has about 180 hp!

its unbelievable. 1200 cc bike with 180 hp that weighs under 600 lb's!

the CBR that you raced must have been a 600cc or something, because at cruising speeds, a CBR should have trounced you

Old 06-22-2004, 05:35 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running against a bike that doesn't use pedals or one that isn't a moped is pointless cause your pretty much guaranteed to get beaten badly even if you have a good number of mods.

Quick Reply: CBR 600 vs. SRT-4... HA-HA!