Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

mirada racers

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 01:21 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default mirada racers

when i started racing in the chrysler classics series, there were 3 miradas. myself, running low 14s, one that was grey from ohio, and relatively stock, or so he said, running low 15s, and a red one, from ohio, that was gutted out poorly done, no show car, with a 440, running mid 12s. there was also a white one that ran KOS, from michigan with a 440 also, and ran low 10s, but i have since gotten word that he blew the engine sold the car. i met some guys last year that had a mirada, black, from michigan, who said they were sure that the white KOS mirada wa now the black mirada they were racing. one of those "i got it from so and so, who got it from so and so, who bought it, with a blown 440, while white, and started to build it up, and lost interest. there was also a guy in my area, who i saw run once, with a 383, which ran mid 10s, full interior and i know he has since sold it, because he sold me his FG hood and trunk when he sold the car. i have no idea where the owner of that car resides. im curious as to whether or not anyone on here knows of anyone who owns a mirada, especially someone who races one.

im fairly sure im the fastest small block mirada drag vehicle, at least in the eastern half of the US, if no the country, and im trying to find out if anyone knows of a RB powered mirada that is faster than mine...at the national events, ive met a few guys who say they have a mirada, redoing it to show, not to race, but ive never seen the cars in question.

could i possibly have the fastes mirada in the world??? )

or, would anyone know of a way to find this info out? i searched google, and yahoo, yahoo came up with one hit, for an old issue of hot rod mag, and google came up with like 1500, alot of them are people who used some part of a mirada to make a race car, or they are listings selling the mirada stocker hot wheel.

Old 06-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Deleted User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 06-26-2004, 11:47 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Default RE: mirada racers

certain year cordobas were the same. but alot of the cordobas came with RBs, mine is a small block. if there are a billion miradas/cordobas online that are faster than mine, id be more than happy to entertain a link. i found a few, but they looked like real old pages. i emailed the webmasters of the mentioned pages, hoping for some reply.

Old 06-27-2004, 06:42 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe he is refering to the millions of BS ones that are out there/here in cyberspace. Didn't I tell you about my Mirada with a 318 that's 100% stock that runs high 8's in the 1/4 mile....[sm=smiley2.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]That's what he's talking about.

Old 06-27-2004, 01:19 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

wow..you must have the hipo mirada 71...mine ran low 18s stock...haha

Quick Reply: mirada racers