Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

So sad....

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 06:26 PM
DuctTapedGerbil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So sad....

I have no idea why, but apparantly most midsize truck owners have something against Dakotas. Maybe it's the fact that they actually come with V8s, I dunno.

Well, to get to the point, I was riding with a buddy of mine in his 95 Dakota, And these guys in a Ranger and a Colorado kept f'in with him.Now his Dak is by no means stock, he pulled the v6 for a supecharged 402(stroked 318) putting out about 475 at the wheels(but he kept the v6 badges on it) .
Were going along at about 55 on the freeway, these trucks blew by him, slowed down next to him, and repeated that for about a mile and a half. I asked if he was gonna do anything about it, he just told me to wait and lean back.The next time they tried to pull in front of him, he flattened the gas, the truck sidestepped and jumped forward, and he didn't stop till about 135.

Now I didn't know this until later, but this happens to him all the time. He'll be driving along and somebody will just start screwing with him(maybe it's because his truck looks like an easy target, much like diesels do)

The moral of the story?

Leave the dakota alone if you know whats good for your pride

Old 11-26-2006, 10:18 PM
regandon
Professional
Default RE: So sad....

I have it happen to me all the time. Seems to be Chevy people though. I got spanked by a Chevy Turbo diesel the other day, and I gave the guy the thumbs up. Today I run into him and he asked if I am ready to have my slow *** Dak walked over again. Seeing how he put it that way, I told him to meet me in one hour on the same road. So now, I go and get my brothers 360magnum SC Dak. When I show up he had two friends with him. He looks at the Dak I am driving and he's not smile-ing. He calls me an *** gets in his Chevy and goes. Funny thing is, I think he could have walked all over my brothers Dak. My bro's Dak is puttin out some good HP and TQ, but I think that turbo diesel is puttin out alot more.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:40 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No one really messes with me, i have to mess with people to mess with me. I got a 2000 Dak r/t, i think people look at the truck and see i have alot of body work done to it and think i have engine work also (as i do) and dont mess with me.. its kinda boring, but when i do get people that mess with me it useally fast *** cars that could bloe me away in a sec. Like TA's, Vettes, ect.. makes me sick, the only car in long time that came up next to me and wanted to mess with me was a 1.8t Audi and i smoked it ez, from a 40 roll and a dig with him having about 2 cars length start, o i take that back i had a p.o.s eclipse race me to work today... it did the ricer fly by, then slowed down next to by window i looked at him, and i just kept going the same speed, he took off and i put the gas to the floor.. in split secs he was behind me and i was getting over a lane infront of him, this was a 70mile roll.. im in mid 3rd and i still blow his pos away..

Ahh i love my truck, im going to love it even more with a SCer YUMM

Old 11-26-2006, 11:21 PM
motorider228
Champion

hey user, what do you run in the 1/4?

Old 11-27-2006, 04:43 AM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: motorider228

hey user, what do you run in the 1/4?
I wish I knew. If i did i would be more then happy to tell you. Ive only had my truck for about 3or 4 months now and im still working on some things, before i take it to the local strip.

One of these days we will all know... hopefully soon.

Ive had my truck dynod once, when i got it with no tune, about 1 month ago. I pulled a 266rwhp/340rwtq, after i add in my new tb, and give it a tune up and have it tuned.. ill do another pull and see what my numbers are at, once i get my tire issue worked out and my tb installed, im going to take it some where to get some times, before i get my SCer.

I cant wait.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:55 AM
motorider228
Champion

so my 06 rcsb 2wd hemi ram with a volant CAI and superchips and soon to have an at3030 wouldnt get eaten by a modded dak r/t? I was always wondering how close my race with one would be.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:22 AM
User
Champion

I have beaten some hemi rams before, not sure what mods where done on them, just random people on the streets. I think the rc rams and the stock dak put out about the same times on 1/4 on some sites ive been to they had times on a stock dak r/t and a stock ram and both ran about the same times, i think the dak was .4 secs faster

Ive raced a 5.9l rc sport ram at my local street races and i won. With bad tires and cold roads. I beat him by about 3/4 truck length if i would have had a good launch i would of had him by atleast 1.5 truck lengths, but thats a 5.9 not a hemi... and he had a tbspacer, exhuast, cai and thats all he told me. Some mexican dudes, they where pretty cool. They had a 5.6l nissan titan, 5.9l rc ram, and a chev 1500 all had exhuast and some minor cai mods, i beat all of them on cold roads and bad launches, all about 3/4 truck length in a strip a little less then 1/4 mile.

It was fun, they all where surprised i beat them. I thought the titan was going to rape me.. but i was wrong.

My friends 408 sierra beat all of them cept the titan...

Quick Reply: So sad....