Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Interesting race

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:05 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting race

Saw an interesting race the other day. I was leaving a restaurant with my girlfriend and heard two cars coming at high rate of speed down the 3 lane street in front of the restaurant. I suddenly see a black convertable, roadster looking car that I could not identify out in front of a Silver WRX STi. The black roadster had beaten up on the STi so I was very curious as to what it was. It looked somewhat like a Plymouth Prowler but I could not tell. As my girlfriend and I were cruising down the street in the same direction they were racing in I noticed the black roadster sitting in an abondoned parking lot talking to someone outside the car. I pulled up to the two guys and complimented their car's looks and asked what kind it was. The owner said a 1999 Panoz AIV Roadster. After looking around at it I was very impressed. Has anyone else ran into one of these??

I have heard of Panoz but never have seen this particular roadster.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker
Default RE: Interesting race

ORIGINAL: 300ZXSRT4

I have heard of Panoz but never have seen this particular roadster.
I know they have Panoz in Gran Turismo 2. I've never seen one in person though.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:42 AM
sneaky
Veteran
Default RE: Interesting race

I've seen a few before. Beautiful cars in my opinion. The reason the STI got smoked is because of what the Panoz is made of. Over 300 horsepower in a car that is made from aluminum, which is where the AIV comes from. AIV stands for Aluminum Intensive Vehicle. They stopped making them though because of the Esperanze, they are cheaper and easier to make.

Quick Reply: Interesting race