Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

2007 DF NASCAR Fantasy League Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2007 DF NASCAR Fantasy League Info

ORIGINAL: Boulee

2005 DF CUP FINAL STANDINGS
Rank Team Points
1 Boulee 5,330
2 04Dakota 4,966
3 turboram 4,955
4 Viper-GTS 4,227
5 F Town Motorsports 3,914
6 chud298 3,770
7 I Hate Fords 3,402
8 MidnightBlueNeon 3,311
9 ramfan5.9 3,002
10 moparman81777 2,608
HA HA You're a funny man. Remember, in 2005, I joined like 5 weeks late and was chasing everyone down....

Old 02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol

yeah yeah, all im hearing is "blah blah blah, excuse excuse excuse, bitch bitch bitch"

quit whining and man up, instead of making lame excuses like a little girl.

[sm=joke.gif]

Old 02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

i signed up guys, but ive only done fantasy racing once before and it was a different setup. can someone gimme a quick rundown as to how this one works?

Old 02-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

Usefull links: (please read rules page and help page)
Yahoo racing Home: http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto
Rules and Instructions: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/rac...rrules-01.html
Yahoo Racing help page:http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/racing/index.html

Last season we used Yahoo fantasy raceing and I created a private group.
Info from last Season:

Welcome to Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing, where you run your own fantasy team of real professional drivers.
Each week, before qualifying begins, you choose an eight-driver team from among three groupings of eligible drivers. Then, before the race, you will select four starting drivers for your team.

So, the challenge is not only to pick the best team race in and race out, but also to manage your team in a way that produces the highest possible fantasy score.

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing is a weekly game that begins with the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 20 and runs through the Ford 400, which is scheduled to take place on Sunday, November 20.
In addition, the season will be broken down into two halves. The first half begins with the Daytona 500 (February 20) and ends with the Tropicana 400 (July 10). The second half starts with the New England 300 (July 17) and runs through the Ford 400 (November 20).

All groups will have a score column for each half of the season, as well as a third that shows the overall score earned by your team.

You can join the game anytime between Wednesday, January 12 and Wednesday, November 16. The game is comprised of weekly contests that begin on Monday and conclude on Sunday, unless Monday racing is required to decide a real-life race winner.

The deadline to create a team for each race is 2:00 a.m. PT on the day of qualifying.

Create up to three Private Groups and personally invite only those friends or colleagues you want to join. To join someone else's Private Group, you must get the Group ID # and Password from the group founder.
If you don't have a whole group of managers ready to sign up, join one of our Fans Of Groups and compete with like-minded fantasy fans from around the world.

Managers may be a part of no more than three Private and/or Fans Of Groups at any one time.

All users--regardless of group affiliation--are tracked on the overall leaderboard.

Go to the Yahoo Fantasy Racing Page http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/

Click “Sign upâ€

Click “yes, I acceptâ€

Create Team Page:
Enter Team name (I suggest you DF screan name)
Enter preferred E-mail address
select other preferences

Review settings Page

Confirmation Page
Click “join a group†button on this page (middle option)

DF private Group info
***removed New info in next post****

Now build your Team
After this race but before qualifying for the next
After qualifying select 1 A driver, 2 B drivers, and 1 C Driver before the start of the race.

****EDIT****

there are points for qualifying and points for the actuall race.

8 drivers are picked for before qualifying. points are based on how they qualify.
you pick 2 drivers from the "A" list, 4 drivers from te "B" list, and 2 drivers from the "C" list.

after qualifying but before the race starts you pick:
1 driver from your "A" list, 2 drivers from your "B" list, and 1 driver from your "C" list.

These 4 "active" drivers are what your race points are based on.

in other words you have an 8 man team, with 4 starters (active drivers)
and 4 bench warmers (reserve drivers).

but becareful of how many times you start a driver,
each driver can only be started 9 times a season.
after 9 they no longer aquire points.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:13 PM
chud298
Record Breaker

I joined I know it's been a real long while

Old 02-02-2007, 10:58 AM
52b3b108
Veteran

I'm not in this year. I couldn't understand the mechanics of it all and it was too much bother contacting someone to straighten me out. I've got the season schedule on my Outlook calendar at home and work and also in my phone. I'm looking for a good year.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

its not that hard.

Simple explanation:
Pick 8 drivers a day or two before qualifying
After qualifing, pick 4 out of the 8 before the race starts.
Points are earned based off of how the 8 drivers qualified and how the 4 drivers raced.

More detailed explination:
Yahoo divides the drivers into three lists. The A list, the B list, and the C list.
Before qualifying Pick 2 drivers from the A list, 4 Drivers from the B list, and 2 drivers from the C list.
After qualifying choose 1 of your drivers from the A list, 2 of your drivers from the B list, and 1 of your drivers from the C list.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:42 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker

What's the point of the 9 race limit? That makes something that should be simple much more complicated. I like my drivers ... I have to change them weekly or something?

Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker

the don't give a reason. but I'm sure its to make sure that people actually participate weekly and not just pull a "ron-co" and just set it and forget it.

I for one enjoy the 9 race limit per driver. It actully makes you think and evaluate who you are going to pick. some guys are good early on and some late in the season. But then again I probably look way to far into things. Before Qualifying i look at past stats for the track, race, track type, and driver histories. As well as looking at all practice speeds for the weekend. The COT will deffinetly make thingas interesting because there is no past info to look at.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

the don't give a reason. but I'm sure its to make sure that people actually participate weekly and not just pull a "ron-co" and just set it and forget it.

I for one enjoy the 9 race limit per driver. It actully makes you think and evaluate who you are going to pick. some guys are good early on and some late in the season. But then again I probably look way to far into things. Before Qualifying i look at past stats for the track, race, track type, and driver histories. As well as looking at all practice speeds for the weekend. The COT will deffinetly make thingas interesting because there is no past info to look at.

I also, like the (9) race rule....

Quick Reply: 2007 DF NASCAR Fantasy League Info