Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

More Dakota R/T Kills and a good story

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:55 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default More Dakota R/T Kills and a good story

Went to local street races and was just walking around looking at all the cars, and another Dakota R/T showed up, so i went over and shook his hand and started conversation about the trucks... so after a few minutes of talking the topic came up of running them.. so we did everyone lined up and blocked traffic. BTW this was a CC R/T stock, and my SC mid moded R/T.. 02rt vs. 00rt. We did a simple dig, a did a little burn out to sticky up my tires, and btw this is the first time ive actually raced on my new tires.. and OMG do they stick like gum... i got a perfect launch while the stock r/t spun out i had 1 car length within a split sec, after i sifted out of 2nd i was gone and didn’t even hit 4th, my friend stayed behind to start the race so i had to go back and pick him up, and when i did that everyone else went to a different place to race and when i got back they where boxed in by cops about 80++ cars all lined up blocked in. I parked about close by and watched the show popped my hood and pissed under my truck to make it look like i had problems if i cop pulled up.

And while i was on the highway, cruising at about 60-65 a Tiburon GT came up on my ***, so i turned od off and gunned it, i pulled away from his *** in a 60 punch, i was running 5k++ rpm for about 5 sec turned od on again rpm went down to 3.5k and he ware still behind me by about 2 cars length going about 110.. i turned off and he went the other way.

It was fun. I had a great time!

EDIT: o ya i forgot me and the dak did a 10mph punch, 30punch and 60 punch, 10 he hung with me till i was out of 2nd and i pulled away, 30 he hung for about a sec or so and i started to pull away gained about 1.5 2 car lengths. and the 60 i was way ahead. My top end power is outrageous. If i punch at 55-60 my torque kicks me back in the seat.. its pretty crazy, but i love it.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:40 PM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More Dakota R/T Kills and a good story

Find out what that beast runs at the track!!!

Old 01-02-2007, 12:11 AM
Minion
Professional

^^^ what he said, and that sounds like fun^^^^

Old 01-06-2007, 11:40 PM
User
Champion

closest strip around here is to far away, there is one in denton but its only an 1/8th i want a full 1/4

what would be your guys guess if i ran what would you bet on me running? Just wondering...

Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet that ram air helps out a lot on those 60 mph punches.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:24 AM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: Mean Green

I bet that ram air helps out a lot on those 60 mph punches.
Sure does.. everyone that drives my truck says my high end torque is crazy, when my 3rd hits out of 2nd its puts you in the seat.. my 2nd is mean to, in an auto i can scratch 2nd if i get a good shift, all about timing. Right before i r/l i shift into drive and you can feel it.. but that was also with bald tires.. these new tires dont scratch that hard going into 2nd,i want to take this truck to a track and see if run, but the only ones around here are 1/8 and i want the full 1/4

Old 04-06-2008, 10:13 AM
KillClutch

There are some quick s/c tibs out there but all n all they are nothing to be worried about

Quick Reply: More Dakota R/T Kills and a good story