Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Lol Ricers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:35 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lol Ricers

I've heard the stories before and I've known some to be legit, but most are complete BS.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:20 AM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't normally get excuses, they just exit haha.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 PM
deerang
All Star

I never race on the highway, so I'm boundto meet up with the guy at the next light.

You prolly don't lose too many in ur Road Runner eh. 440cui of ricer pain. How often do you get the nod driving in ur SRT4?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:00 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: deerang

I never race on the highway, so I'm boundto meet up with the guy at the next light.

You prolly don't lose too many in ur Road Runner eh. 440cui of ricer pain. How often do you get the nod driving in ur SRT4?
SRT-4's don't get nods. They get spit on...

Old 02-06-2007, 01:09 PM
deerang
All Star

I cant recall ever once seeing an SRT-4 in my area. I see a bunch of neon's ricer'd up, but no genuine SRT-4's. It's sad, cuz she's such a potent car.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

bah... i hate scions![:@]

Stupid scions. The toasters are the worst of them all, and the best part is drivers try to race with them. Its like buying a performance kia. wait whaaaa?[&:]

then again I shouldnt be talking... look at what I am driving[X(]

Old 02-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Mean Green
Champion

then again I shouldnt be talking... look at what I am driving
^[sm=exactly.gif]

The tC isn't too bad and has decent pep to it(but by no means is made for racing, it'stoo heavy for that small engine) I was trying to talk my wife into it. They had a demo that only had 4k miles on it and it would have been the same price as the xA and it was in the best color black cherry pearl with lots of extras. The only reason we didn't end up with it is that it is a 2 door and she didn't want to fight with it toget the kids in their carseats.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

one of my friends brothers has a tc. its nice, he didnt rice it out or anything, its silver with black rims and that combo looks sweet. he put exhuast on it and a cai. its pretty fast, nothing to brag about,but im used to my truck so anything feels fast to me. i was surprised when he was able to get it up to 140 though.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:37 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

ORIGINAL: deerang
You'd be right, not once yet. I've never lost on the street, only tied in my '88 Daytona Shelby Z with an '88 T'Bird Turbo Coupe with a V8 swapped into it. Only 2 track losses in my SRT-4 which I didn't care about since you run against whomever and whatever your paired up with at the time in open session, the first was a built Talon Tsi (beat me with the AWD launch and I didn't start reeling him in until after the 1/8 mile mark, too late) and the other was a mid 9-second Viper GTS (I got stomped hard there!).

Not very many have messed with me in either car and when one does it's usually someone trying to prove something in a completely outclassed car with a fart can and body kit. The only times a worthwhile one has tried me the conditions were wrong such as being on a holiday, heavy traffic, heavily policed area, etc.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Yeah the acceleration is ok in the tC but where I would get myself into trouble if I had one is that it likes to continue accelerating. My D will go the speed limit, the xA will go 10 over, and the tC (sister-in-law) just kept going up. Every time I would not watch the speedo for more than 10 seconds I'd be hitting 90 on the freeway. I'll probably end up getting one as my DD after my D is paid for. No ricing it out though. I'd rather mod my D (maybe even an SAS).