DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing Talk (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk-130/)
-   -   Lol Ricers (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/racing-talk/91814-lol-ricers.html)

motorider228 02-01-2007 04:17 AM

Lol Ricers

So I was going down this road on the way to the gym and sir thugs alot in a scion toaster with some blingin 15's and a bumpin system yo pulls up behind me. I vear left into the left turn lane for the freeway when mr. MTV starts revving his motor and bumping the bass. The light turns green and I hear his exhaust scream like 100 3rd grade girls and I give him a good 1.5-2 truck lengths before i go 3/4 throttle, not even wot.(I'm letting my gears break in so no wot yet) I fly by him and let him get a nice taste of the V8 and aero turbine exhaust. I got to the freeway with probably 3 or so lengths on him and I set cruise at 70. Well I see him start coming up through traffic and the little jack ass pulls on side of me and i roll down my window but he didn't roll his down. He paces me until I hit slower traffic and have to brake then when that happens he speeds up and turns his flashers on for probably a quarter mile then probably turned them off for 200 feet then turns them on again. I was laughing so hard, he wouldn't roll his window down to exchange some words or pull over but he had to pretend like he was the big man.
I'm posting this on a few forums so sorry if you read it a few times.

muddy_blue_dodge 02-01-2007 05:02 PM

RE: Lol Ricers

hahahahahahhahaha.......... i love the way you worded some of that. started busting out laughin, sittin by myself on the computer. ifeel dumb, but that was funny.

motorider228 02-01-2007 08:13 PM

Haha yeah, seriously though, he looked exactly like every white kid paul wall wannabe on MTV. He was wearing a wife beater, some pimping bling on his neck and some stupid ass mobster hat.

YeahItsAHemi345 02-02-2007 01:25 PM

I think Scion's are the Anti-Christ! They are just pure evil. :D

Johndcjr1989 02-02-2007 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: motorider228

Haha yeah, seriously though, he looked exactly like every white kid paul wall wannabe on MTV. He was wearing a wife beater, some pimping bling on his neck and some stupid ass mobster hat.
so you raced against Kevin Federline????

motorider228 02-02-2007 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Johndcjr1989

so you raced against Kevin Federline????
Haha yes! That's EXACTLY who he looked like, exactly! Lol I guess he's out trying to pick up some used up blondes...

71RoadRunner 02-03-2007 01:47 AM

WTF drives people to buy them, there isn't a squarer vehicle EVER made, they're boxier than a UPS truck. Who looks at a UPS or FedEx truck and thinks to themselves,"man I really wish I could own and drive one of those, imagine the hot babes I could get sporting one of them". And if that wasn't the worst of it, but to want to be seen in one and being proud of it, it defies comprehension and taste.I thought the Honda Element my step-mother got was a hideous box, but then the Scion came out to prove who could make the ugliest turd ever with their milk truck. I'd have an ice cream truck before one of those Scions, even though the ice cream truck is an ugly box it at least makes money and children smile whereas the Scion makes them either cry or laugh themselves to death.

Johndcjr1989 02-03-2007 09:10 PM

sir thugs alot in a scion toaster with some blingin 15's and a bumpin system yo pulls up behind me.
i just wanted to say that this is probably one of the funniest things ive ever read on here.

Mean Green 02-04-2007 10:08 AM

That's pretty damned funny. The xA and xB have the same engine which is a massive 1.5L with 105 hp at the crank and more like 80 to the wheels. My wife has an xA and one day I was next to her at a light and asked her if she wanted to race jokingly I was surprised when she floored it whe the light turned green and she got about a car length ahead before I gunned it. After that it was all over. I've read that these things can push about 180 hp after extensive modding but I don't see the point of spending that much damned $ on only 100 more hp, it's about the price to buy another one of those damned things.

I will give credit where credit is due though, our little slushbox is great on gas...

deerang 02-04-2007 06:00 PM

sir thugs alot in a scion toaster
thats classic man. I get that a lot cuz they hear my FM Super40 and for some reason that makes everybody think I want to race their 1990 Honda Rustbox. If I'm low on gas I'll usualy give'm a go, and everytime its the same story. Light goes green, Honda dumps the clutch and gets maybe half a car length up on me, my rearend hooks up and I start to pull away. They usually don't want to tlak about it at the next light, but I've heard all types of excuses from bad clutch, to bad tranny, to gf was scared. If you know you have a bad clutch, DON'T RACE! It's prolly burnt cause you can't drive in the first place.

71RoadRunner 02-04-2007 11:35 PM

I've heard the stories before and I've known some to be legit, but most are complete BS.

motorider228 02-05-2007 06:20 AM

I don't normally get excuses, they just exit haha.

deerang 02-05-2007 01:31 PM

I never race on the highway, so I'm boundto meet up with the guy at the next light.

You prolly don't lose too many in ur Road Runner eh. 440cui of ricer pain. How often do you get the nod driving in ur SRT4?

YeahItsAHemi345 02-05-2007 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: deerang

I never race on the highway, so I'm boundto meet up with the guy at the next light.

You prolly don't lose too many in ur Road Runner eh. 440cui of ricer pain. How often do you get the nod driving in ur SRT4?
SRT-4's don't get nods. They get spit on...:(

deerang 02-06-2007 01:09 PM

I cant recall ever once seeing an SRT-4 in my area. I see a bunch of neon's ricer'd up, but no genuine SRT-4's. It's sad, cuz she's such a potent car.

Freerider 02-06-2007 04:47 PM

bah... i hate scions![:@]

Stupid scions. The toasters are the worst of them all, and the best part is drivers try to race with them. Its like buying a performance kia. wait whaaaa?[&:]

then again I shouldnt be talking... look at what I am driving[X(]

Mean Green 02-07-2007 02:02 PM

then again I shouldnt be talking... look at what I am driving
^[sm=exactly.gif]

The tC isn't too bad and has decent pep to it(but by no means is made for racing, it'stoo heavy for that small engine) I was trying to talk my wife into it. They had a demo that only had 4k miles on it and it would have been the same price as the xA and it was in the best color black cherry pearl with lots of extras. The only reason we didn't end up with it is that it is a 2 door and she didn't want to fight with it toget the kids in their carseats.

Johndcjr1989 02-07-2007 08:42 PM

one of my friends brothers has a tc. its nice, he didnt rice it out or anything, its silver with black rims and that combo looks sweet. he put exhuast on it and a cai. its pretty fast, nothing to brag about,but im used to my truck so anything feels fast to me. i was surprised when he was able to get it up to 140 though.

71RoadRunner 02-08-2007 03:37 AM

You'd be right, not once yet. I've never lost on the street, only tied in my '88 Daytona Shelby Z with an '88 T'Bird Turbo Coupe with a V8 swapped into it. Only 2 track losses in my SRT-4 which I didn't care about since you run against whomever and whatever your paired up with at the time in open session, the first was a built Talon Tsi (beat me with the AWD launch and I didn't start reeling him in until after the 1/8 mile mark, too late) and the other was a mid 9-second Viper GTS (I got stomped hard there!).

Not very many have messed with me in either car and when one does it's usually someone trying to prove something in a completely outclassed car with a fart can and body kit. The only times a worthwhile one has tried me the conditions were wrong such as being on a holiday, heavy traffic, heavily policed area, etc.

Mean Green 02-09-2007 09:47 AM

Yeah the acceleration is ok in the tC but where I would get myself into trouble if I had one is that it likes to continue accelerating. My D will go the speed limit, the xA will go 10 over, and the tC (sister-in-law) just kept going up. Every time I would not watch the speedo for more than 10 seconds I'd be hitting 90 on the freeway. I'll probably end up getting one as my DD after my D is paid for. No ricing it out though. I'd rather mod my D (maybe even an SAS). :D

motorider228 02-09-2007 03:28 PM

oooo a SAS durango with some 1 tons! That would be sweet.

skate_or_die2008 02-09-2007 04:46 PM

One of my friends brothers has a tc sports package and its pretty nice... It has short shifters in and is a blast to drive the only mods it has on it visual wise is the carbn fiber hood and spoiler but it is fun

deerang 02-10-2007 05:03 AM

oooo a SAS durango with some 1 tons! That would be sweet.
what is an SAS??

Mean Green 02-10-2007 03:12 PM

Solid Axle Swap, only problem is I'd have to deal with a divorce if I indulged in it. It is about $5k at the cheapest. I met a guy running around here with one and he got very lucky to find it for the price he did. Cost him $10k with 60k miles on it. mine was $10.5k with 30k miles and that was stock. The thing has a total of about 13" of lift after you add everything up and the only thing he really has to do to it to make it a real monster is get some lockers. I can't wait to get my D's fan fixed so I can give him a call and follow him around a little and see that thing in action. I saw him the other day cruising around but I didn't have time to say hi. I tried to take a picture with my cell but it didn't save. [:@]

motorider228 02-10-2007 06:16 PM

Well meangreen, if you ever decide to do a SAS on the durango check out www.pirate4x4.com guys on there are selling built axles all the time for good prices. If you do a few months of research on 4wheeling forums before doing it you will see if you can weld they are actually pretty easy to do and you can make alot of the parts at home with steel tubing and steel plates. I have helped on 4 straight axle swaps. It looks damn intimidating at first but it's really not that bad.

deerang 02-10-2007 08:58 PM

A solid axle for the front would do away with the Torsion bars....I must have this. Be able to get some lift outta the front end and make a more potent off road vehicle.

motorider228 02-10-2007 09:25 PM

That's exact;y the point. Much more efficient off road than the IFS. If you decide to do this though it will take some serious cutting and welding.

Mean Green 02-11-2007 05:46 AM

Yeah I never learned how to weld unfortunately and don't want to learn on the D. If you feel like heading out here and doing it that would be cool though. :D

deerang 02-11-2007 11:29 PM

I'm currently learning to weld, but I don't have the extra cash flying around to afford a SAS. I would love to do it ASAP, but pretty sure it would have to wait till I graduate, in 2.5 "short" years.

motorider228 02-12-2007 08:12 PM

Deerang and mean green, start posting over on pirate4x4 and learn some stuff, you will learn alot over there.

Mean Green 02-14-2007 11:12 AM

Yeah I check out those other dodge guys forum as well and it has some good stuff on this as well. I'll have to take a look though.

RetroCow 02-15-2007 09:28 AM

I get a suprising amount of the Scion POS's trying to race me in my 2500 CTD...what are they thinking?...diesel = slow???

So I do what any farther would do....

Spank their a$$, throw them in the bed and take 'em home to their mommies...

deerang 02-16-2007 12:45 AM

Haha, making a name for CTD, well done sir.

Do you have any pics of your Truck. I wanna see your bitchin a$$ paint job, 6 inches of lift and, 35" tires

motorider228 02-16-2007 02:30 AM

Yeah I know a guy who has an 01 cumming qc long bed on 33's and he runs 12.2's full street trim. Deisel is where it's at for power if you can afford to drop a new tranny in there.

RetroCow 02-16-2007 04:47 AM

Im at work right now, I'll post some in the morning when I get home.

I've never had mine timed...I just like screwing with kids in their ricers...

motorider228 02-16-2007 05:22 AM

oops i said cumming I meant cummins.

RetroCow 02-16-2007 08:07 AM

I have a link to the dealer pic when I got it, it's old but it'll work for now

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...oCow/My1-1.jpg

deerang 02-18-2007 06:33 PM

the link didn't work

flamingpinhead 02-18-2007 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: YeahItsAHemi345

SRT-4's don't get nods. They get spit on...:(
ya, i hear ya

deerang 02-26-2007 02:58 AM

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...rent=My1-1.jpg

here the link for RetroCow's paintjob. Must say I am impressed