Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Great Story about Former Evernham Driver...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:19 PM
mike9fore
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Story about Former Evernham Driver...

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/column...amp;id=2749408

You really get a real sense of how mad[:@]Mayfield was when he was dropped by Evernham.....

Old 02-04-2007, 01:40 PM
scatpackmopar
Veteran
Default RE: Great Story about Former Evernham Driver...

I think things could have been handled better but I think it is a good thing Mayfield is gone. I liked Mayfield but there has been problems everywhere he has been. And Mayfield says things that make him look like a liar. We may never know the truth but I don't think Ray is the one to blame for most of the problems that Mayfield went through.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:19 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

I have been a "follower" of mayfields career and he has never left an organization without there being some kind of controversy....but, he has contradicted himself two or three timeson this specific subject (ems)....stating that he liked being at evernham yet, this article states he didn’t feel right there.....so, I don't know what to say about this guy!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Mayfield said a few things that maybe he shouldn't have said but Mayfield was definitely on the receiving end of this screw job. JM makes the chase with 2nd rate equipment 2 seasons in a row and even loses his pit crew (they were given to Kasey Kahne) at the beginning of last season and deserved better than he was given. Evernham saw the marketing potential in Kahne (young kid that attracts tons of little teenyboppers) which in turn results in mass sales on the retail side of the business. He signed his deal with the devil when he decided to put his interests mainly on Kahne and his little piece on the side (Erin Crocker). Mayfield deserved better than what he was getting at EMS and voiced his opinion about it, that's all.

Moving over to BDR and Toyota is a good move for Mayfield in that he has two great teammates in Blaney and Skinner and BDR is all about team. Toyota is willing to spend the big bucks to get the best cars out there as well. Alot of people here won't like to hear this but Toyota will win early and often this season. Toyota has the cash to spend and they are doing just that.

Quick Reply: Great Story about Former Evernham Driver...