Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Jeff gordon sucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:00 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jeff gordon sucks

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Jeff Gordon is way over rated. I bet his wife would say he's gay too.
Yep, overrated......

4 time NASCAR champ (only 2 people have more)
Tied for all-time races won in a single season (13 - Modern Era racing since 1972)
Rookie of the Year (1993)
All time NASCAR Money winner
Has the most race wins of any active driver (4th all time in NASCAR History)
3 Daytona 500 wins (6 wins at Daytona including the Pepsi 400)
4 Brickyard 400 wins

And let's not mention the fact that the whole "Nextel Cup" crap screwed him out of a title in 2004....

I could go on....but what's the point...... the fact is this... Jeff Gordon has been a dominating racecar driver at every level of the sport he's competed in. Maybe not the best in every level, but one of the best for sure...

You want to talk overrated? Dale Jr is 10 times more overrated then Jeff Gordon EVER was.......because unlike the rest....Gordon has won.....and the only racer on the track who has come even close to doing what Gordon has done the last 10 years is Tony Stewart......I dont care about reputations or sex life.....I care about what gets done on the track.....

Oh, and you'd cream your pants if you had even a SHOT with Gordon's wife....or even his ex-wife....as both are beautiful...

Old 02-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Dakota_24

[sm=admin.gif].. I totally agree! Though this year I am totally banning NASCAR; because of all of their major changes. #1. TurdYota. #2. The Fart-Can C.O.T.; that TurdYota talked them into! Though I do think its funny that TurdYota hasnt really done a damn thing. One other thing I think is funny is ol' over-ratedJOONYER is 41 or 42 in the points!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:40 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Considering that Ford & Toyota currently do not have a V8 powered car that would qualify for NASCAR, and Chevy would only have FWD V8's......that's rather stupid to run in a race car......so RWD would have to be a requirement bar none. However, I agree with the rest of the statement. I'd like to see more of a stock car myself.

(Toyota does have a V8 in Lexus, but that's not Toyota....splitting hairs perhaps...)
Ford has two V8 cars the Mustang and the Crown Vic. I know the Mustang is in a different class but things have changed so much it really doesn't matter anymore. The Crown Vic would lose for sure; however, the rule used to be that you had to have a full-sized car and that was how Dodge got kicked out because supposively they didn't consider the Diplomat full-sized (I'd like to hear an explanation on that one).

I'd go through with those rules anyways since GM is about to go RWD anyways. Perhaps this will force Ford to actually make their street cars compete in performance again. This would also kick Toyota out of the ring at least for a little while; therefore, sounds great to me.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid
Ford has two V8 cars the Mustang and the Crown Vic. I know the Mustang is in a different class but things have changed so much it really doesn't matter anymore. The Crown Vic would lose for sure; however, the rule used to be that you had to have a full-sized car and that was how Dodge got kicked out because supposively they didn't consider the Diplomat full-sized (I'd like to hear an explanation on that one).

I'd go through with those rules anyways since GM is about to go RWD anyways. Perhaps this will force Ford to actually make their street cars compete in performance again. This would also kick Toyota out of the ring at least for a little while; therefore, sounds great to me.
The Mustang doesnt qualify for use in the NASCAR circuit, and the Crown Vic is basically a cop car and only that. Most people dont even purchase this car...but I did forget about it as so many of us view it as a cop car only.

GM is going to RWD, but it currently has nothing that is a "stock" RWD car that could compete tomorrow....especially since the GTO is gone now....

Doesnt Ford use the Crown Vic/Mustang V8 anyhow?

Old 02-28-2007, 02:24 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

The Mustang doesnt qualify for use in the NASCAR circuit, and the Crown Vic is basically a cop car and only that. Most people dont even purchase this car...but I did forget about it as so many of us view it as a cop car only.

GM is going to RWD, but it currently has nothing that is a "stock" RWD car that could compete tomorrow....especially since the GTO is gone now....

Doesnt Ford use the Crown Vic/Mustang V8 anyhow?
No, Ford does not use the Modular engine in NASCAR.From what I understand they use a pushrod, carboratedengine I'm not sure which one they use though. The current Dodge engine beingused isn't the small blockHEMI and I believe the Chevrolet engine is not an LS series. The engine Toyota hasin NASCAR from what I read is also a pushrod which obviously is not oneof their offerings since they don't use pushroddesigns.

The Crown Vic was a civilian car before it was a cop car. There is no reason why they can't use it if they had to (other than it would really stink and be explosive in an accident).

Old 02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

did anyone catch where he finished last weekend???

Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2nd

Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

did anyone catch where he finished last weekend???
2nd place...and he won the pole..

Old 02-28-2007, 11:21 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Gordon loves the pole.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:33 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion