Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

terribly dissappointed, to say the least.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: terribly dissappointed, to say the least.

Martin didn't slow down and these interviews with him saying he did... total BS. Harvick got the bump, had momentum and shot forward. Then his momentum ran out and Mark was gaining on him. Had the fnish line been a little farther down the track, Martin would have won because Martin's car was ahead of Harvicks after they crossed and it was gaining before they got there. No way Martin could have backed off the throttle. Bull...

Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah..i would like consistancy...they say that the field is frozen as soon as the yellow comes out...if it had been any other lap than the last one, it would have frozen right away with martin in the lead...

Old 02-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand you guys want consistancy. But what I don't understand is why people are complaining about something they've wanted to happen.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 AM
DakotaMan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they would ofthrew the caution then ppl would just be mad they just didnt let them run it to the end.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:22 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DakotaMan

If they would ofthrew the caution then ppl would just be mad they just didnt let them run it to the end.
exactly. and if it would happend at any other spot on the race track instead of comming outta turn 4, then they would have thrown the yellow.

even if they did throw the yellow. then this thread would be about why didnt the let them fight it to the end. plus martin and harvick were goin back and forth from 1st-2nd. so it woulda been really hard to say who won when the caution came out.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:54 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Precisely why we're complaining about CONSISTENCY.....either do it all the time....or dont bother at all!!!!!! And as for letting them race it out......I have no problem with it....my problem is with the general lack of consistency in the rules being applied on the track.

Chase: I'm not saying Martin backed off/slowed down, but I do think he may not have jumped on it as quickly as he normally would have had there not been a wreck.....and that really I think determined how the race finished....

I'm tired of restrictor plate racing anyhow....it's gotten old...

Old 02-20-2007, 01:03 PM
73roadrunner
Captain

I would've like to see Martin go home with a 500 wintoo.

I also would like to see one race with high performance Chargers, Focus, Camerys and Monte Carlos right off the show room floors like back in the day.
Teams have to put in a roll cage and swap out the glass but are allowed to strip any "unneassasary" weight. ie back seat..
Then put them out on the track and see how they fair for 400 some-odd miles.
Kinda like everyone is the "same" for the Iroc race, have a factory day race and see what the cars are really made of

Old 02-20-2007, 03:36 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that would be awesome to watch, mike...and they should have a twin race setup...once on the track, once in the sand..old school...AWD charger FTW!!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:23 PM
scatpackmopar
Veteran

My post is a little late but if they threw the caustion and froze the field right at the moment the wreck happened I believe Harvick was in front of Martin by a few feet. Martin regained the lead being on the bottom but Harvick had the momentum that won him the race. I think NASCAr could have donwe things differently but I accept the way it ended. I would have not liked it if the race would have been decided by a judgement left up to officials. I do feel for the guys who had to race throught the wreck but the caution did fly as soon as Harvick and Martin crossed the finish line.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:34 PM
hemi 265
Professional

ORIGINAL: 73roadrunner

I would've like to see Martin go home with a 500 wintoo.

I also would like to see one race with high performance Chargers, Focus, Camerys and Monte Carlos right off the show room floors like back in the day.
Teams have to put in a roll cage and swap out the glass but are allowed to strip any "unneassasary" weight. ie back seat..
Then put them out on the track and see how they fair for 400 some-odd miles.
Kinda like everyone is the "same" for the Iroc race, have a factory day race and see what the cars are really made of

In Australia we are having a 12 hour production car race at Bathurst next month. Here in link bellow is what cars are eligable to race. The 300c srt and crossfire srt-6 are both Eligable to race against HSV Commodore and ford falcons, Evo lancers and Sti's Etc. but i don't know yet if anyone has entered any Chrysler's as of yet. Check out link Bellow full eligaby entry list

http://www.bimf.com.au/news_article.asp?news_id=4922

Quick Reply: terribly dissappointed, to say the least.