Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

My First DAYTONA !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:49 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First DAYTONA !!!

Not only was this weekend my first Daytona race, but the first time iv been to a NASCAR race at all. Iv gone to pocono for bike races, but I have never seen a NASCAR race in person. As a christmas present my uncle took me down for this one. Needless to say, it couldnt have been a better cherry breaker. Pre race we went in the infield and got pics of the pit and the garages ( and of course kahne's trailer). We got some souvineers, a hat, a pin and some shirts for my girl. Then we went and sat on the track; I took a nap on the start/finish line which was so f'n awesome, while some chick kept flashin her tramp stamp to the speed tv crew. Then, race time, our seats were row 2 down at the very end of the grandstands right before turn 1, which was realy good for seeing the menuvering, but not the best for crashes later in the race, so we eventually moved. We snuck in the campbells section up top and got a pritty good view from up there, too bad the fuz pushed us out of there. Then we wandered down to turn 4. By far that was the best place to watch. Saw Stewart and Busch go at it and throw Stewart into the wall. Chears errupted as his car was towed back. Even moreso when Jr. wrecked. I got about 2 hours of video of the race, and an awesome shot of the last lap. The wreck happened right in front of us and I wound up with a face full of rubber and stuff. Amazing to say the least. Ill post pics when i get them uploaded. (Im so happy toyota failed on its face, and the 7th place finish of kahne)

Old 02-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Zeppelinrocks
Veteran
Default RE: My First DAYTONA !!!

thats awsome man, ive always wanted to go to one just cant ever get time to get down to fontana to see it.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:21 AM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had heard the Jiffy Peanut Butter car got stuck with the Hershey Candy car and there was and argument as to who was into who, while the Massengill, Vaginal, Midol, Tampax, Stayfree,Monastat 7 car spread its wings and crossed the finish. Must have been great to see it in person.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

the guy that crossed the line upside down was the coolest finish ever, amazing race tho, lots of cautions.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to a few races but never to a race at Daytona. I used to only be a Nascar fan in person. I couldn't watch it on TV but during the 500 I was glued to the TV the whole time. It was one amazing race with an amazing finish.

Quick Reply: My First DAYTONA !!!