Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Toasted an Altima

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 02:58 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toasted an Altima

I was on the highway to the tire store when a ricey altima pulls up and revs, I'm doing about 60 and he rolls his window down and gives my car the thumbs up, fairly cool for a ricer.
He points ahead so I motion for him to go whenever he is ready and I'll be passing shortly after. He downshifted and you could hear the fartcan moaning, I left it in 3rd and passed him then slowed back down as my exit was approaching.
He came along side again and gave a rev and waived.
As much as I hate ricers, he was one of the better behaved ones, really too cool to be in that silly *** nissan with wing, stickers, and fartcan.
I got my front tires replaced with taller 215 75 15's so hopefully the extra roll-out will solve my red-light problem. Later--James

Old 09-01-2004, 11:57 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Toasted an Altima

not a very fair fight...

did he have vinyl decals? because you said that you have one, and if he had none, that made it that much more unfair.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:37 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

LOL, I need to put some of my decals I keep getting from mods on. HAHA, no not really. If they actually added hp i would. I'm sure the guy in the nissan had to know he was going to get spanked. He picked the fight. Whenever I go after someone its usually a pretty even match or more to my advantage. I don't go running after people with Mustange Cobras, I go after people that have slow V6's or little 4 bangers like me. You know the people who are mostly the reason there are ricers.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:38 PM
LoNeWuLf
Record Breaker

I prolly wont ever put stickers like that on my car...

unless im sponsored and gettin stuff for free.. then im all bout it...

Old 09-02-2004, 01:14 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i figure if my car wont be fast. i should at least like how it looks. so decals and lighting it is!

however, i will Try to race anyone. kind of the any given sunday theory. i also find that tryign to race cars that are supposed to be sooo much faster, but wont race, brings people out ot be punk asses.

one thing though, there is this guy in my area, my dad knows him, and his parents are very wealthy. hes around 40, and has never worked a day in his life, but he got a 7 million dollar inheritance. he owns several very fast mopars, whch he never drives or runs, and he owns a 70 or so cutlass 442 conv. it has a crate motor in it, gears, and so on. he keeps telling me h wants to race, so i tell him ill be at the track, and he always replies "not the mirada...that sebring". so i told him, if he wants to race, we will go get on theinterstate, and race to the enxt exit, which is 10 or so miles. i dont know if his car would keep up any consistent high speed that mine would, and ive also been told by a few guys who sold him the HiPo mopar (9 second e body), that he is literally terrified by his cars, and he wont actully race anyone, nor wil he push the cars. and thats why ill try anyone...

Old 09-02-2004, 01:43 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

not a very fair fight...

did he have vinyl decals? because you said that you have one, and if he had none, that made it that much more unfair.
Hold your horsies now, I said I had a "sticker" and it's very small, about 2" diameter that let's the track know I'm running in the points race.
They made it mandatory, like a forced advertizing thing, so I don't thing you can add the extra HP to my car just for that, well maybe 1hp!

Old 09-02-2004, 02:27 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

but that 1hp could have easily been the difference..imagine this..cover your ENTIRE car with that little decal, and you could run nhra funny car!!!

and those honduhs with the decals up the sides of the windshield and down the soides of the body, plus the vinyl graphic kits...they must be heavily detuned for street use...

Old 09-02-2004, 03:32 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran

I think if I had to do that I'd use stickers with babe photos on them so it wouldn't hurt to look at it so much! Or I could just glue a babe on the Hood, by her hands and knees of course!

Old 09-02-2004, 03:37 AM
moparmanjames
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

one thing though, there is this guy in my area, my dad knows him, and his parents are very wealthy. hes around 40, and has never worked a day in his life, but he got a 7 million dollar inheritance.
Aww, that's nothin', I have to have at least 8 million nuts and bolts just lying around the house!
But at least I worked for them, sad really!

Quick Reply: Toasted an Altima