Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

What can i do to lift my 85 2wd RC without doing body lift??!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Migace21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can i do to lift my 85 2wd RC without doing body lift??!!

Hey guys, first post here. Ive got a 85 2wd Ramcharger and i was wondering what i could do to lift it suspension wise. I dont want to go with a body lift cause i think they look ugly. I know i can do Add-a-Leaf kits, but what can i do with the front suspension. Coil spacers maybe?? But how high can i go with both? Im looking to go a good 4" if possible. And any other suggestions would definatly be appreciated!!! Thanx.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:53 PM
hicracer
Default RE: What can i do to lift my 85 2wd RC without doing body lift??!!

put on some biger rims and some giant mud tires

Old 02-27-2005, 10:02 PM
PearlStealthRT_TT
Professional

those trucks use a torsion bar set up on the front end. By tightening the torision bars it will lift the truck about 2 1/2 inches in the front. If you got autozone or another parts store like it, they sell 2" spacers for the coils. thats a 4 1/2 inch out of the front of your 2wd dodge. and the rear? simply purchase some 4" blocks. On those trucks the front end sits about 1 inch lower than the rear. so a 4 1/2 front 4 rear combo will bring it to a near level stance. You should be able to clear 33" tires as long as they arent any wider than 12.50. I strongly recomend B/F Goodrich mud terrain tires because of the long street life/ very decent traction for the dollar. i think they run about 130 a piece.

If you plan on doing hardcore off roading...weld the coil spacers in...btw..the spacer kit is 40 bucks with all hardware.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:24 PM
blindside

call up rough country suspensions. they're in jc whitney and such magazines.i got 4" lift on mine but mines 4wheel. i do remember seeing 2wd lifts for them.

Quick Reply: What can i do to lift my 85 2wd RC without doing body lift??!!